Pre-owned 2014 Speciale warranty question | FerrariChat

Pre-owned 2014 Speciale warranty question

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by trips, May 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trips

trips Rookie

Aug 12, 2013
    #1 trips, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    About to move forward with this purchase from a grey market dealer, just wanted to confirm that the 7 year maintenance carries over and also if I would be eligible to extend the warranty if I am the second owner.

Thanks for the input.

Best,
    Tom

2. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Yes to both. As long as the car is a U.S.A. Car assuming you are in the U.S. If the car comes from a different area. The answer is no and probably not

3. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    You may want to check with a local Fcar dealer because I have heard the "grey" market OUS cars are no warrantied here in the US.

4. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I guess it depends on what he means by "grey market". I assumed he meant non Ferrari dealer but within the USA on a USA car. If that's the case he is fine. It is no different than buying from a private seller. The key is making sure the car is a USA car. Some non Ferrari dealers get imports from overseas (Dubai is common from a few Florida dealers) and then sell them in the USA. Those cars would not be covered.

5. trips

trips Rookie

Aug 12, 2013
    Thanks for the responses guys. I should clarify, it's a U.S. car that will be purchased pre-owned from a used car dealership that specializes in high end cars and was purchased directly from an authorized Ferreri dealership. I think that's how the story goes :)

Looking forwards to sharing pics.

Best,
    Tom

6. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

Yes to both. Make sure you get your speciale inspected one month before OEM warranty expires. You have until 1 month after it expires to purchase power cube warranty but need the preinspection. Try rolling it into your 3 year annual service to save some coin that's what I've done in past.

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    PM me the last 6 of the VIN and I will confirm for you via Ferrari MODIS, so there are no questions.

FYI:
    Power Cube is outdated and gone now, you either get an extension of the factory warranty** or a year by year "New Power Warranty" ( that's the program name now ) for $4500 per year ( before annual discounts )

1 year factory extension $6400
    2 year factory extension $9900

8. Tifoso48

Tifoso48 Karting

Feb 3, 2013
    Sunny Isles Florida
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    If you mean by " Grey Market", that this is a car that was manufactured for a market other than the US and then the car is imported and made legal by a local company I feel very certain that it will not be covered by any of the warranties.

The current strong fluctuations in exchange rates as well as strong depreciation for example in Europe makes this a very lucrative business and it will make cars available at prices well below the US.

However, I would strongly, strongly urge you to truly understand where this car is coming from and check with your local dealer.

You may not like the answer you get but you will be better off. You will also need to think about the impact this will have on resale value down the road.

Personally, I am quite sceptical about these kind of opportunities.

9. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    If it was a Ferrari dealership in the US, then it's all good. If not, research further with your local Ferrari dealer to see if they would cover any warranty issues. That should give you the answer. Best of luck.

10. Paul@slc

Paul@slc Karting

Mar 20, 2014
    trips,

I know you will absolutely love your car - I just looked - our driver is almost to Oklahoma - headed your way!!!

Please post pics of the delivery when you get it and thanks for your business!!!!

paul

11. trips

trips Rookie

Aug 12, 2013
    All is good, car checked out with my local dealer. Delivery tomorrow! No sleep tonight for me =)

Best,
    Tom

12. Paul@slc

Paul@slc Karting

Mar 20, 2014
    looks like the car is outside of St. Louis as I type this !!-

13. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Oh good to know thanks for update!

So no power cube, power normal, etc?

What happens after 2 years factory extension, can one theoretically continue with factory extension warranty?

How does the coverage differ from OEM and is the New Power Warranty purchased at time of delivery and goes into effect after 3 years vs the factory extension which is obtained one month before the 3 year OEM warranty expires as per Power Cube in the past?

Has coverage services and items changed at all?

I'm prolly gonna be out of my 458 Spider by the time the OEM warranty expires 12/16 with a new 488 Spider enroute but one never knows with Ferrari.

14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    You have PM sir!

S