Aventador...anyone owned one? | FerrariChat

Aventador...anyone owned one?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 09Scuderia, Jun 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I have this strange fascination for Aventadors. My wife thought it would pass..hasn't.

Actively looking for a 458 Spider but for nearly the same money the big bull is tempting me.

Any feedback from previous or current owners?

2. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Well the aventador looks awesome,but if you try an F12 back to back the decisión would be easy

ps:I just have driven it couple times,I have not owned one.

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Thanks for the feedback. Being 100% honest I 'like' the way the f12 looks...love the way the Aventador looks.

Both the Avy and the 458 Spider are in the low $300s....I have never owned a V12. Lots (and lots of v8 F-Cars)

4. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Its interesting that depends of where are you located prices on different models could change a lot.
    Here a brand new 458 Spider its around 330k and an Aventador is around 550k.
    If I could get an Aventador for your local price I will get it.
    Good luck!

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    '12s have stiffer suspension and no start/stop.
    '13+ are softer/better GT cars.

6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am comparing a 2012 Avy vs a new (or almost new) 458 Spider...

Thanks for your reply.

7. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Own an Aventador Roadster….what a car…absolutely incredible, I prefer it over the F12….I don't track and prefer the looks and the raw delivery of the power. Its also more extreme in design.

Then again, its a completely different driving experience than the F12 or the 458. Don't decide on the drive and the technical details…decide on which one puts the larges smile on your face when you drive it, the one that makes you walk back to it when you park it.

Keep us posted!!!

Enjoy!

MJ

8. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    How long will the clutch last under non-track driving? I heard the maintenance is crazy expensive. Tie rod also needs frequent change?

9. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    The car is not that expensive to maintain…no clutch issues what so ever.

If your gonna pay a over 300k for a car, a few grand for service is normal.

MJ

10. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Here in Chile there is one fitted with Factory race exhaust, you should at least considere it

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XgfH6ZPSMo[/ame]

11. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    I just sold my 2012 Aventador and I had zero issues for the 12 months I owned it.
    IMO the Aventador is one of the best looking cars on the road and it's a "event " every time you drive it.
    The power of the car is absolutely intoxicating and the handling with the Awd plants the car on the road . I felt the ride was a little better than my 458 spider but the transmission with the single clutch still lacks the smoothness of the 458. The other big downside of the Lambo is the size of the car & you need to drive it in manual transmission for the smoothest ride.
    I sold my Aventador 1 month ago because my Speciale will be here soon.
    Both are Amazing cars and I say if you have the itch scratch it!
    Best of Luck .

R

12. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    My friend has one and we cruise often. Event wise it is levels above the Fcars, people don't even notice the F12 beside it. It's wide, loud, meter long flames out of the exhaust stock(EU).

The ride quality is very dependent on conditions, it's a very stiff car so you need good roads to properly enjoy it. My friend put 10,000km on it in about 8 months, only issue was rear brake lights some LEDs burned out.

13. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Awesome feedback guys.

Much appreciated. I have honestly never read or personally heard any negative feedback on the Aventadors. In other words I can't find a compelling reason not to get one. (other than price).

I am going to do it. Egad.

Now the question: A 2012 in the low $300s or a Roadster for $100k more. Roadsters seem to hold value very well. We live in the Great State of Texas and I am not sure if the tops would be removed all that often given the climate.

Off to call the Lambo dealers in Dallas and Houston.

14. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Check out the anniversary body kits, that make the car looks more beautiful, especially the rear end. I think the price is about $25,000.

15. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    I prefer the understated but I'm about to put a down on a Huayra. Funny enough I don't see them but rarely in California. Waiting for Pebble and Quail to talk to some owner's. Grateful that I waited to make the down happen. When I first inquired the Euro was at $1.20 but today it's at $1.11! Don't know why they make you pay for the car in Euro's? Does the money go directly to Pagani and skip's the dealer?

16. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    My Aventador is my third Lambo and it has been perfect. I bought it new. t is not really a sports car put a very high speed cruiser. It drives well but the 458 is a better drivers car.

My 458 is my third Ferrari. The 458 is also very reliable. In my view it is not as exciting to drive as my 360 or 430 were. I also miss the manual. The dual cltuch is a fast and smooth shifter. I nice piece of engineering.

To be honest my 2014 Corvette drives better and the new Z/28 better yet. The only car I own that may be better is the Audi R8 V10 or the M3.

Good luck
    whatever you buy.

Best

Lee

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Totally agree with you Lee. Since the F430 there has been a slow and constant move to make exotics easier to drive a low speeds, more comfortable and luxurious, and -- to be honest -- just not as exciting aside from the crazy speeds they can attain.

18. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Thanks guys.

Wife is 100% in. Easier convincing than expected. She also wants us to get the Roadster.
    Shopping used first.

Lambo Dallas has a few interesting options.

19. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Best of luck, I love V12s and the Aventador gets my thumbs up for sure!

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I've driven both. Very hard decision. The 458 was so easy to keep and remain civil in situations that required civility. But when a quick right turn took me down a beckoning, lonely, twisty, smooth, perfectly-cambered road, I was greeted by ferocity and a wide-eyed white-knuckled "holy ****" experience. And that wasn't even sport mode.

The Aventador was an intensity on a level I'd never experienced. The AWD was like a permission slip to push through curves and rocket out of apexes. The first time I ever drove a 360, I couldn't stop laughing, because I just couldn't believe it was so much fun. With the Aventador, there was no time for laughter; only focus. The 458 was loaned to me for a few hours, but the Aventador was loaned to me for a week. With the Aventador, I hated going to bed. I drove it all day, everyday, and when it was time to go to sleep, I didn't want to go, and then I couldn't wait to wake up.

Both cars promise an immense thrill, so it's not like you can make a bad or wrong decision. It's merely a matter of which experience best fits you and what you like. If you can drive both, that would really be the best way to help you make your choice. Good luck - but you're guaranteed never to be bored with whatever you decide.

21. Heimat

Heimat Rookie

Jan 14, 2015
    Bassersdorf, Zurich

I'd go for the orange (Arancio Argos) one. It's just stunning.

22. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Love this feedback.

We are officially in the hunt for a used Roadster. Pricing is not easily understood. $429 for a 2013 on up for the newer cars. I did find a 2014 for $409..yes, a Roadster. Hard to know what the final selling price would be after the usual back and forth. There are enough cars for sale that there has to be a decent discount off asking. Will let you guys know when we get closer to writing the check (GULP)

The orange car at the Dallas dealer is awesome. Oddly enough, the blue car they have (2013) is pretty spectacular as well. It was the display car for Lambo to use at all the shows in the US.

Best of everything guys!

23. LuxuryLife

LuxuryLife Karting

Mar 19, 2015
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Good luck on your search that's one of the most fun parts!

24. golden1911

golden1911 Karting

Apr 28, 2014
    Toronto
    hey, just some more feedback. I have a 2014 Aventador Roadster and an FF.

The Aventador is 100% a circus every time you take it out. In terms of a fun car to drive, I have to say it's not the best. My FF has a better transmission, smoother ride, etc. I used to have a 12c and that car is way better in terms of a fun nimble car.

the Aventador is as wide as a range rover and it's impossible to see out of the back.

That being said, I love it. It's so ridiculous. I have a full DMC kit one mine too :)