Is July the last month the 458 will be produced | FerrariChat

Is July the last month the 458 will be produced

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by NeilF8888, Jul 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    About a month ago there were varying opinions about the last 458's production date. There were posts talking about September production of 458's and contrary views from guests at the factory.

Has anyone been to the factory in the last couple of weeks and heard a definitive response as to when the last 458's will be produced? Does anyone have a September build date that is red 10?

2. 458dreamer

458dreamer Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    I doubt there are any plans for a 2016 458 model. The change over of model year tends to occur in July with Ferrari.

3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I'll be in the factory first week of Sept, right after it re-opens after the summer break. I'll let you know what I see on the line.

4. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    September is the last month for 458s according to my dealer. My Aperta hasn't gone RED10 yet - so doubt it will make it to July production.

5. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Does anyone have a list of these codes (Red 10) and the like? I'd be interested to see how the factory breaks down the process. My dealer hasn't made mention of how far along my car is, just "arriving in a few weeks". Thanks :)

6. shaan

shaan Karting

Sep 9, 2014
    London
    July cars will be delivered in September. August Factory is closed for holidays. Then that is the end farewell for the 458's -- the last V8 NAs

7. abz

abz Formula 3

Aug 27, 2006
    PA
    Full Name:
    Al

10 - Orders accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
    20 - Chassis assembly (at Scaglietti)
    30 - Painting
    40 - Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
    50 - Assembly line (engine/transmission)
    60 - Finishing
    70 - Testing (road/track)
    85 - Storage
    90 - Water (intransit)
    92 - PDI completed
    93 - Shipping to dealers
    94 - Dealer stock
    94 - Red - retailed
    95 - Submit to factory

8. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Not correct - my dealer has at least 1 speciale and possibly 2 apertas that are September builds. I believe September is the last month

9. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    David, you are correct about this. Also, I believe you specced your Aperta with the blue carbon. When did you submit your order? I have a friend who submitted his preliminary order last week and the factory said it was too late for colored carbon on his Aperta.

10. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Was offered the car in October last year - did Atelier in Early December for a May build. Was told maybe sometime in May that no more blue carbon - so was another customer. Dealer complained and they allowed mine but not the other as I'd done my spec at the Atelier. Apparently blue carbon was very popular and they don't have the capacity to satisfy demand. This has caused delays of at least two months it seems.

11. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I was told by my dealer they were setting up the factory for the 488 during August and would only be completing chassis manufactured in July during September. That's why I am asking anyone who has visited the factory in the last few weeks and asked this question at the factory to post please.
    I have a red 10 Aperta scheduled to be built in July and would like to know if it could be one of the last or if lucky the last produced.

12. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    My dealer has 3 apertas including mine still to go - none of them is RED 10 - so highly doubt yours is the last one. The reason for production running into September is the increase in Taylor Made customers and also the delay in coloured carbons - particularly blue. I remember a few years ago, when 599s were "out of production" seeing a few mixed with F12s on the V12 production line. I suspect the modern production line is a lot more flexible than your dealer understands!!

13. shaan

shaan Karting

Sep 9, 2014
    London
    Any idea, after how long the car is ready if the current status is painting?
    Just been told by my dealer that the car is in the Paint Process.

Thanks

14. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    I've heard if you're waiting on blue carbon fiber you'll be getting a phone call...not gonna happen. Only regular black CF for these last cars, no more blue being made.

15. AZ-Giallo

AZ-Giallo Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    David
    mine is status 30/paint as well. Depends on your paint. Triple layer paints are sent out to be done so could take a bit longer. Mine is triple layer - Giallo Triplo Strato

16. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Are all the metallic options triple layer ?

Curious to know if Nero Daytona is triple layer...

17. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Not correct - they had a cut-off date for blue carbon. Mine has been confirmed and so has one more from our dealer. When the carbon comes in our cars will be built. My spec and some additional changes was agreed again by Ferrari yesterday - so I'm not expecting the phone call - I know the answer from Ferrari.

18. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Thank you very much ABZ! Interesting :)

19. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    No, Nero Daytona is not a triple layer paint.
    I'm no paint expert but as far as I know Ferrari only offers red, yellow (and maybe Fuji white?) as triple layer paint options.

20. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    They offer Bianco Fuji and Bianco Italia for triple layer white paints. The Bianco Italia is much brighter than Bianco Fuji.

21. attifashraf

attifashraf Rookie

Jun 19, 2015
    UK
    I have a speciale on its way, car is currently in status 30 as of friday... hope to get delivery to the UK in the next 3-4 weeks.

At the factory on the 6th, may get a chance to spot it with a bit of luck.