No Drill F488 Front License Plate Mount. Worldwide solution | FerrariChat

No Drill F488 Front License Plate Mount. Worldwide solution

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Carbonio, Dec 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #1 Carbonio, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Some of you may have already seen our no drill front license plate mounting solution for the Ferrari 458 that we profiled here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/458-italia-488/504529-no-drill-f458-front-license-plate-mount-worldwide-solution.html

We now have an application for the brand new F488 that has confirmed fitment on both the GTB Coupe model as well as the Spider regardless of whether you have the standard or the carbon fiber front bumper.

In addition the mount does not interfere with the front parking sensors or the front mount camera that some cars are fitted with. Truly a global solution and a must for any 488 owner.

Available for online ordering here and we can ship to the customer or directly to your dealer if you prefer:

CarbonioDirect.com | Ferrari 488 Front License Plate Mount

Some advantages of our design are:

- Easy 5 second on / 5 second off installation

- Great for car shows or track sessions when you want to quickly remove your front plate

- Soft closed cell foam on all contact surfaces protects paint

- Strong formed plate support accepts USA and Rest of World (ROW) licence plates; a truly global solution

- Black powder coating offers clean OEM look and long lasting finish

- Spring-loaded mounting mechanism is hidden underneath giving a discrete installation

- Low-profile design doubles as audible bumper protector signaling impending paint scrapes before they happen

- Unit is shipped pre-assembled with all hardware and is ready to mount out of the box

Below are some photos of the unit by itself and installed with both a North American and ROW plate for demonstration:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    We have plenty of No Drill License Plate Mounts in stock and ready to ship.
    Operators are standing by ;)

3. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Hello all, we have been seeing a large spike in 488 deliveries and increased demand for our F488 front license plate mount.

If you have an aversion to drilling holes into your car then our No-Drill LPM (License Plate Mount) is just what the doctor ordered.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

4. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    My usual question - when are the speciale/aperta ones coming?

5. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    I promise that it will be after today and before Ferrari wins another F1 Championship :)

Seriously we are actively working on it. The Speciale / Aperta is a unique challenge and we are working through de-bugging our design. I'll refrain from giving an ETA but it will be posted here and on our website AS SOON as it is finished.

Patience my friend now go enjoy that wonderful Ferrari of yours :)

6. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    I will add that Ferrari dealers are starting to buy these and Ferrari of Ontario (one of the higher volume dealers in the world) was so impressed with the design that they deliver them with every new 488 sold.

7. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
    Do you have this for 599?

8. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Thanks for the update - will be interested to see your solution when it's ready.

9. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Still waiting for the 612 and AM Vantage solution after picking up a California version...

10. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Are you still working on an F12 Berlinetta solution ?

11. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #11 Carbonio, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    To the new 488 owners and soon-to-be owners alike, I would like to remind you about our No-Drill front license plate mount for the F488. Our front license plate mount installs and removes in seconds and most importantly, does not require drilling into the front bumper.

In fact, we've been told by many customers that they leave our mount in their front trunk ready to go just in case the local law enforcement is looking to give someone a hard time.

This video shows just how easy it is to install and remove our front plate mount.

We have plenty in stock and ship worldwide.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebopMoIHd50[/ame]

12. 2Veloce

2Veloce Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2014
    annapolis, maryland
    Full Name:
    Al
    What is the cost for 15 458 spider delivered to annapolis?

13. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Shipping is free within the US and Canada. You can find pricing at CarbonioDirect.com

14. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Great idea, i just need the spare cash to buy the 488 !! Saving hard

15. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Good news for Novitec customers. We have recently confirmed that our 488 front license plate mount does indeed work with the Novitec front lip installed so there is no need to worry if you have a Novitec front lip.

16. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Carbonio - is the 612 version available yet? When I emailed your site the reply was that in might be ready this week for shipment. Thanks Randy

17. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Randy the 612 bracket is available and is being added to the website. Next week we will unveil some new designs that cover almost every Ferrari model built from 1948 to present. If you would like a bracket ASAP I will PM you details and can sell and ship you one right away.

18. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Carbonio - yes PM me I would like to order for my 612. I went to your website and didn't find the one for the 612 yet, give me the model number and any thing else I need to order.

19. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Randy your PM is disabled. Feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll take care of your order. As mentioned the website will not officially show the mounts until next week but we happen to have our inventory and are just waiting on our webmaster to finish the site updates.

20. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    #20 Alex@TAG, Aug 24, 2016
  21. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Thanks to the excellent service at Carbonio my 612 version is in the mail, will report for fit but seeing the result of the California version I have little doubt it will be great...

22. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes, Rob at Carbonia was very helpful ordering the unit for my 612. He is also testing a couple other units to see if they will work on another of my cars, none of which have front licenses.

23. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    We are just building our YouTube presence a little and thought we would make a simple little video showing the super easy on and off function of our Ferrari 488 No Drill License Plate Mount.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVk7-14sMIw[/ame]

24. 488gtbmasergt

488gtbmasergt Karting

Oct 18, 2016
    #24 488gtbmasergt, Nov 3, 2016
    Hi there,

I have a 488gtb on order to be delivered some time late next year. Your solution looks great to me.

I have a question though... The 488 will share plates with another car I own. Would your system be able to accommodate my magnetic piece figured in the picture attached?

And as I live in Switzerland, any issues sending your solution here?

Thank you in advance for your help

Chris

25. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Chris I see no reason why the mount you pictured cannot be used together with the 488 mount we produce. In addition shipping to Switzerland is no problem at all. I hope this addresses your concerns and we would like to welcome you as a customer.