Need help with 488 spider interior color choice | FerrariChat

Need help with 488 spider interior color choice

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tom88, Jan 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tom88

Tom88 Rookie

Jan 18, 2016
    Hello all, I currently am in the middle of ordering a 488 spider in blu corsa. I am having trouble deciding on the interior color. I really want to get the Rosso Ferrari interior color for everything on the inside except for the carpets, upper colored dash, and the upper part. I am thinking of either black or the blu sterling for those parts. Stiching and horse color would be blue. My problem is the Rosso Ferrari, as I am afraid it will be " too red". Then again this car has a strong blue as an exterior color so it not may not be an issue at all. Can anyone offer me any advice with this choice. Can this red interior work with this blue corsa car? My backup choice is those parts mentioned above in blu sterling with everything else in "beige tradizone". Thanks for the help.

2. Butty458

Butty458 Rookie

Apr 2, 2014
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #2 Butty458, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I would go with Bordeaux leather, including the door panels. I would pair that with Blu Scuro dash, steering wheel and carpets, with Blu Scuro cavallini on the headrests and Blu Scuro stitching on the seats and door panels. Good luck in making your selection. Fred

4. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    Saw this today at the launch of the 488 Spyder at The Qatar Auto Show. It looked stunning.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Go with the beige. Red and blue. Yuk. Might as well add a bunch of white accents and paint an American flag on the hood.

6. Tom88

Tom88 Rookie

Jan 18, 2016
    The bordeaux is a possibility, but I am afraid it won't match well with blu corsa which is a very edgy color. The 488 configurator does not do any of the inside colors justice as they all come out darker then in real life. I am also not an alcantara fan, I would go with the leather. I really want to like the Rosso Ferrari color for this interior, but I need to feel a bit safer before committing to it.

7. tobewiser

tobewiser Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2015
    Acworth, GA, USA
    My 488 order is coming up soon and I am considering the TDF blue exterior. In order to match or contrast the exterior color, it's quite a challenge to pick an interior color. Nero/Alcantera seems too dark and lacks contrast, beige is too common and lack elegance..etc. I recently saw a Blue Lambo Murci with linen white interior and the combo is great. My sister's Bentley also has a similar combination: light blue with linen white. Even though I've had art training throughout high school, I have enough humility to recognize that I am no artist. So, it's time to consult with one regarding colors and aesthetics. To make a long story short, the advice I receive: choose a color that is lighter than blue, keep the number of interior colors to an absolute min, if any yellow is introduced as the third color (the Scud shield, tach dial, steering wheel F logo, etc. are all yellow), yellow brake caliper is a must (to avoid introduction of another 'random' color into the mix.) Linen white with blue contrast stitching will be very unique. Ferrari's Atelier service can do pretty much anything. I have seen the linen white leather/white alcantera combo and is fantastic and classy in person. The rest of the interior surfaces will go with dark blue leather/alcantera.

Any color choices on a Ferrari deserve careful considerations. This something you have to live with for many years.

8. Ryan13

Ryan13 Karting

Jan 21, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #8 Ryan13, Jan 29, 2016
  9. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Rosso Ferrari is a very bright red.

If any red should be paired with a bright blue like this, it would be Bordeaux. Personally with Blu Corsa I'd go with Blu Sterling on everything except the seat inserts, door inserts, back panel and carpet. Those I'd do in either black or a light cool colour like Otranto.

The only way I could see bordeaux work was if it was everything except the carpets and maybe door inserts - which should then be black or blu scuro.

Mono2021 likes this.
  10. Tom88

Tom88 Rookie

Jan 18, 2016
    Does anyone have any pics of the "Rosso" interior together with the closest thing to this blue. My issue is that I am hoping that the Rosso interior is not too bright that it overpowers the blu corsa. Any other advice is appreciated as well.

11. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    This. Or black with blue alcantara lower dash and blue horses. Are you planning on the ravings seats? Black seats with the blue stripe in the middle look gorgeous too. Not a fan of blue on red

12. Vcruiser

Vcruiser Rookie

Aug 6, 2015
    Montreal, Canada
    I would do a bright white interior with black contrast stitching and piping. Would look amazing the the blue ext.

13. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    #13 Noblesse Oblige, Jan 31, 2016
    since you are collecting data this F430 interior (Grigio Silverstone exterior) seems relevant. You decide. (Yes that is a gated shifter) :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Tom88

Tom88 Rookie

Jan 18, 2016
    I like this combo, which blues are these? It looks like a blu sterling and blu medio combo to me.

15. Tom88

Tom88 Rookie

Jan 18, 2016
    The problem with a bright white leather interior is that it is impossible to wear jeans in the car as the dye rubs off on the white leather.

16. groutguy

groutguy Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2014
    #16 groutguy, Jan 31, 2016
  17. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano

Tom, IMHO you should stay away from Rosso interior with Blu Corso exterior. Beige tradizone or couio, black or dark blue with blue accents would look really nice and not cause trauma to your eyes every time you or anyone else looked at it. The beige or couio simply with dark blue piping would look very elegant and timeless. Good luck on making your decision.

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Nice :)

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #19 F2003-GA, Jan 31, 2016
    I just ordered a Blu Corsa 488 coupe and spec'd the interior similar to my ex Bianco Italia 458 spider below - BTW What part of the world are you located :)

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Rosso interior would be a mistake IMO

21. Tom88

Tom88 Rookie

Jan 18, 2016
    That's a nice combo. I'm from the US.

22. Tom88

Tom88 Rookie

Jan 18, 2016
    Yeah I'm starting to get the feeling that it would be a huge risk. Too bright for the blu corsa. I'm leaning towards the beige and blu sterling combo or the blu sterling and blu medio combo, which is basically dark and light blue leather

23. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    ^ This.

24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO- Sterling blue and Blue Medio will be your best bet

25. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I have blue exterior and interior the previous owner picked it, pretty awesome[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk