Which 458 would you Pick? | FerrariChat

Which 458 would you Pick?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jeanfrancois, Feb 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    #1 Jeanfrancois, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have decided to cancel my 488 order which was due in September and will wait to spend more time in the car (track day) to see if I will make the plunge or not next year.

I however want to acquire a low mileage 458 that I will keep permanently because I really want a NA Ferrari in my garage. I let my previous 458 with +20k miles go when I signed for the 458.

I currently have 2 options that I would like to share with you and I am curious which way the majority would go.

Before I present the cars, here is some additional info. Both are red exterior with similar options ( int and exterior). The main difference is the interior and I must admit that I am a lot more attracted in the Red and black combo that the usual classic beige interior.

Car #1 is a 2011 458 (red ext and red and black interior all carbon) with only 1000 miles. 1 owner and in mint condition.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    #2 Jeanfrancois, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    #3 Jeanfrancois, Feb 6, 2016
    Car # 2 is a Red exterior brand new 2015 458 with classic beige Ferrari Interior.

Price difference between the 2 cars is $70,000.

What is your pic and why?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    #4 Jeanfrancois, Feb 6, 2016
  5. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    #5 Jeanfrancois, Feb 6, 2016
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Well, ultimatly it's up to you but if any opinion can help, here it goes:
    I prefer the red interior seats but not the way these are speced. Too much red around the seats, i think they are much more beautifull all black with only red stiching....also the red panels on the doors and "ceiling" of the car is too strong for me.
    The second car is more classic but works a lot better for me.

7. Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Qatar/Dubai/Quebec
    #7 Jeanfrancois, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Aside from interior selection, I am also curious to hear if you feel that the cost difference is justified given the years difference?

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Without question the newer 458. Worth every loonie more than the '11! Compared to the USA market a great deal already. If as you say it is a 458 you are going to keep then get the newest example available.
    There was a 2015 red tan 206km Italia that sat at FoQ for quite a while. It had the diamond pattern seats and would have been a great choice to. I notice the Cdn Italia prices creeping up since the loonie has sunk. Also low mileage examples are becoming scarce.
    I agree with the other person that the interior colors on the '11 do not work well together done in that manner.

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    number 2 because the interior in number 1 is hideous and you will get bored of it while the interior in number 2 is timeless

10. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Not a fan of red cars or the electric seats - so for me it would be car 1 as it has racing seats which, are way more comfortable.

11. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Car#2 is for my taste the better choice. Timeless and the last 458 year. It's more conservative than Car#1 but IMHO a better overall choice and will in time be easier to live with and look at if you decide to hold onto to it for awhile.

12. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    you asked, I'll try and be objective;

Is the 2011 fully serviced and updated? 1K miles in 5 years? Note that in 2012, Ferrari updated several components (gearbox software, suspension). IIRC this is/was available as an update kit. The infamous "engine software update" was a campaign (at least in North America) and not part of this package, if a dealer is selling this car I'd bet it's included.

You will have to decide if you like Red/Black, my view is the racing seats are more comfortable.

2015 will have full warranty and service package; 2011 you might consider purchasing.

If those are the only major objective differences, my view is $70K is a big delta. However, you may value having a "new" car enough. If this is going to be a "driver to be kept", the 2011 is fine (again, assuming you like the interior). In fact, you might see if you can work to lower that price.

13. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If you plan on keeping the car the only thing that matters is, which one do you like more? Doesn't matter which car is the better value or what we think.

14. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    I prefer number 2 since both my ferraris have tan black interior. But number 1 is wild and will get lots of attention

15. tobewiser

tobewiser Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2015
    Acworth, GA, USA
    Without the carbon fiber back race seats, you'll never get the full experience of the 458, especially on the track. Even if you don't 'track' the car, the race seats are better for daily driving.

16. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Flip a coin, but buy the one with the red/black interior.

17. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I would never choose a car with standard seats. The other interior looks better too

18. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    I'd go for the car with the race seats. More comfortable. Only 1K miles. $70K less. More unique. Maybe still has the original software with the wild sounding exhaust. But most importantly, you stated that you like that car better than you like the car with the beige interior. Get the dealer to throw in a year of Ferrari warranty. Whichever car you chose, you won't go wrong. Make a decision and don't second guess it. If you don't like the car you decide on, then sell it and get a different one. It's all fun.

19. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    Car #1 for me.

20. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Number 1 as long as there are no stories with the older car. It's hard to believe only 1000 miles...what a queen. 70k less...racing seats...interesting color scheme ..why not ?

21. boeckman2003

boeckman2003 Karting

Oct 7, 2015
    Car #2. 1 is hideous. But, if you plan to track, save #2 for someone else and go with #1.

22. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am all about the racing seats. Wild combo just make sure it has all the updates needed. For 70k you could do a little damage on the next addition to your garage.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

23. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Don't get distracted with the race seat, you can get sabelt seat which looks more race car, much lighter weight, and not really expensive.

24. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    Hideous? Why do you say that, Chad?

25. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#25 Cigarzman, Feb 6, 2016