Aperta Prices | FerrariChat

Aperta Prices

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by HardTen, Apr 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I was wondering if anyone had real data points for any actual recent sales of 2015 Aperta's in the retail market. It seems the asking prices for the few that are for sale are way over sticker, but I am not aware of any actual sales. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Matt_337

Matt_337 Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Matt
    This was posted in another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Allegedly a UK car recently traded at all but a million bucks !!

4. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

$200k over MSRP doesn't seem bad at all in today's market.

Sent from my 16M

5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #7 of2worlds, May 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Might be using the tow hook (?)

8. Corey Small

Corey Small Rookie

Apr 8, 2016
    Plano, Texas
    Full Name:
    Corey Small
    They are ranging from $640K to as much as $800K depending on the regional market and actual MSRP and color.

9. shawminator

shawminator Karting

May 16, 2008
    Austin
    I've seen one for sale in my neck of the woods in the past year. Asking price was ~$800 if I recall correctly.

10. United458

United458 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chapel Hill, NC
    notwithstanding the uniqueness of the Aperta - it will come down materially in the next 1-2 years - it will not be immune to the normal decline.

11. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    That is ridiculous.. completely clocks the airflow required for the radiator.

12. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    So what's normal?

13. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Not certain of that. Moving forward the V8's will be tt or hybrid so the 458SA is it for the NA V8 and are a limited edition. How high prices will go is anyones guess but it's doubtful that they will follow the normal depreciation curve of a standard v8 model. In all fairness, I am partial and therefore biased.

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I believe you are wrong. Only way they will come down is if there is a correction (and a big one) across most markets. Otherwise the 458 Aperta will be immune to normal decline. Im not saying the $1m car will sell but i believe they ones at $600-700k will and will stay around that price. I dont think we will see them going back to MSRP.

499 made (Or very rare in today's world)
    Last N/A V8 Spider and LE car....

This was a collector car from the beginning.

16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    big, big bubble. made worse still if production numbers are greater than advertised, which Ferrari have historically done.

17. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Not anymore with the IPO.

18. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Stop for a moment and think about what you just said.

Holy crap. That's a lot of coin.

19. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    It's all relative......a lot for some.....drop in the ocean for others.

20. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Yeah I know. I fall into the former.

21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I passed at that level, and not regretting. Hope I dont, but i firmly believe that in the next recession all these inflated prices come down. Toys sell off real fast. Ask Barrett Jackson.

22. kramsay1234

kramsay1234 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    We all have to ask ourselves what we are really buying these for. There is that attraction we can't get away from which is thinking the car may make us some money. But will it make you happy? Or will another car that you aren't afraid to drive and you aren't holding on to hoping for some continued increase in value above what the original owner already made give you more life enjoyment.
    Anyone who has the money and space for a collection, should have one of these in my opinion. They look and are awesome. But for those of us who want to drive the cars a bit and have fun, the collectible Ferrari's are not the right choice. I have been there and while I wish I could have kept my last one, I absolutely cannot wait for my new one.
    Any way you look at it, $1MM for a car is a lot of coin. And if anyone who buys is hoping it will go up more, they will think twice every time they want to drive it.

And for what its worth, that white Aperta for sale is absolutely stunning to my eyes...wow is it nice. But the owner only got to put on a staggering 150 miles from delivery...

23. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    #25 George330, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    There are 2 cars in Switzerland being shown privately for just over $600k and not selling for months. I do agree that the market has peaked and will come off. Recent auction results show that only the very best collectables (e.g. 288 GTO) are holding value, while the newly fashionable (Testarossas and 512 TRs, GT3 RS, Merc SLS) are finding no bids. An Aperta is in the middle and i don't think it will ever trade down to MSRP, but perhaps it will find its spot at 450-500...I also think 599 GTOs will come down to sub $500. Speaking to dealers here, business is far from exciting this spring...
    Not a reflection of either car of course. I have owned both and they are terrific, I just think the market bubble is about to go pop. I have decided to keep cars that I really like (e.g. my SLS and my LFA, among others), so that it won't bother me when their value drops!