70th Anniversary 488 thread | FerrariChat

70th Anniversary 488 thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Red Sled, Sep 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

Just as it got interesting, it disappeared yesterday.

Still showing in the Google web cache.

Mods?

2. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I was wondering the same thing. Very rude to ask people for opinions, and then delete them. Ferrari doesn't like opinions about their projects?

3. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Is it possible to delete a thread, i have not seen this in FerrariChat yet. If this is the case, it is not right.

4. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    WTF?

I guess new owner means new rules of Big brother, huh?

5. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Yep thread looked suspiciously off message and then "gone" !

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    To celebrate big anniversaries, carmakers often launch special-edition models. To be truly special, these models have to be built in small quantities.
    But for its 70th anniversary, Ferrari is launching a veritable fleet of them.

The Italian carmaker will build 350 70th anniversary models — 70 cars for each of its five current model lines.
    The celebratory horde will be unveiled at the 2016 Paris Motor Show this fall, Autocar reports.
    The production run was announced at a gathering of 100 Ferrari owners who competed in the recent Ferrari Cavalcade in Venice, Italy.
    Ferrari is probably hoping each of them will be enticed to write a few checks.

Read more: Ferrari plans 350 70th anniversary special-edition cars | Digital Trends
    Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

7. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Didn't you create it? Did you delete it?

8. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    My post has also disappeared from my posting history.

And I thought that FChat was all for free speech...

9. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    What was the issue?

10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    'The dogs weren't buying the dog food'

11. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Nope I did not create it - it was Randy.

12. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Maybe he got fed up being trolled

13. Tifoso48

Tifoso48 Karting

Feb 3, 2013
    Sunny Isles Florida
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    The French philosopher and writer Voltaire famously said :

"I disapprove of the things you say, but I shall die for your right to say them".

Short of vulgarity and abusive language this forum should not be subject to censorship - period!

ScottS likes this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If you start a thread you can ask to have it removed IIRC.
    My suspicion is Randy asked to have it removed.

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    $100,000 premium Mark -up is going to come under scrutiny.

Apparently, some Fchatters doubt the value.

The 60th anniversary was celebrated with the 612 sessanta. That car today trades at a greater than 50% loss.

My feeling is that collectibility is determined in part by rarity and in part by uniqueness.

The anniversary paint and leather difference without new body panels or performance will not garner much over time.

But if you like the paint and leather, it's a pretty cool experience ;)

16. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    If Randy wants to delete his posts thats his thing. But to delete other peoples posts, especially paying members that are abiding by the rules, without any explanation is just wrong on so many levels.

17. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    I've seen on a number of occasions members asking for a thread to be deleted when it's not going the way they hoped and the mods just say no.

18. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Well since we get no explanation just ask the question again...

Would you pay $100,000 extra for a 488 with a one off stripe? If so, why. If not, why not?

[​IMG]

19. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    My post was deleted as well. I have to say this is odd. I never knew entire threads could be removed. Even people who break the rules and are banned the threads remain and some foul language is altered but the thread is not removed completely? Maybe one of the new/old moderators could comment?

20. United458

United458 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Did not think the IPO would translate so quickly to the erosion of the brand in terms of volumes - but we have entered a new age. a 100k premium is insane - but if people are willing to pay it....

21. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The red lipstick on the front air spoiler looks awful to my eye. It should stop at the front of the hood.

There is thread with an FChatter s la Ferrari inspired paint blu electro 488 (Melon). Now that's a unique and beautiful car. One of one!

22. United458

United458 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chapel Hill, NC
    did Ferrari historically experiment with bizarre color combos and slap a "LE " on them - or is that a new phenomenon. Ferrari seems unique among the exotics in this strategy - even lambo does not go this extreme - but this type of uniqueness is not what I expected or would want from Ferrari...

23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So the premium for some random paint job is $100K? That's hilarious. Ferrari paint jobs have been notoriously mediocre in recent years as well, or so the forum would have you believe. Just go to a high-end shop and have your car painted to perfection for a fraction of the price. Or better yet, just wrap it.

24. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    With seventy classic cars recreated, it's inevitable some critics will not like certain color combinations. Each will also have their own price based on all the extra work done to make that car emulate the car it is modeled after.

The majority of people commenting about these cars ridicule their design, having not seen but one or two, and ridicule the cost, not knowing what it even is. I don't understand the hate, but I do find it of no value.

ScottS likes this.
  25. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I think it's unfair and unwise not to value critical opinion. I also know Ferrari reads this forum so it's good feedback for them. We all love the marque and want to see it excite us for many years to come. Informing Ferrari of the fears its customers and fans have can only be a good thing. It's one important way for those fears never to be realised.