Anybody have any funny Ferrari driving stories | FerrariChat

Anybody have any funny Ferrari driving stories

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 720, Oct 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'll start.

When I first started buying Ferraris, I was VERY fussy. I always waited for perfect driving conditions. In 2003, I bought two new Stradales. I wouldn't even drive them at night if the temperature looked like it might drop below the dew point...no way I'm letting dew get on my new Ferraris, right?

Shortly after I took delivery of my Stradales, the local Ferrari club planned a drive from Los Angeles to Central California. They had a meet and greet dinner the evening before the drive. I didn't take either of my Stradales because it was a chilly evening and dew was in the air :)

The next day was a long drive from Los Angeles to wine country in Central California. They had a lot of rain in Central California the previous days and weeks. The guy who planed the drive took us through every twisty canyon road there was. At one point we were in a very remote area and the road was flooded. A stream overflowed and was rushing across the road. I watched closely as a dozen guys crossed the road in their Ferraris. Yep. There I was fording the road (almost a foot deep rushing water) in my brand new Stradale. The water was hitting the side of the car hard enough that it was splashing on the roof. After crossing the flooded road, I half jokingly checked the radiators for trout :-j

We continued driving, and the biggest pigeon I've ever seen flew across the road and smashed into my windshield! I had to turn on the windshield wipers to clear off the bird gunk and debris. Then, icing on the cake, I hit a big pot hole in the road and bent my rim...I was lucky the tire still held air. In spite of these events, the driving event was a big success!

I assume everybody else always has good luck on Ferrari drives :-j

2. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen
    Only when I was caught on camera getting in my 458 for the first time and showing off my tremendous knowledge of how to get into the car.

https://youtu.be/-5j8UIfMmF4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. clarkson

clarkson Rookie

Jan 11, 2009
    Devon UK
    Full Name:
    clarkson lock
    Yeh I have a couple,
    1978 in my 246 Gts, driving back from the pup, the day before we had had a lot of rain, so left the pup roof out, three up, me driving, my mates girl in passenger, my mate stood up, went through a big puddle, the under tray ripped off and thr girl got a gallon of water up her frock.
    Same car middle of Reading the clutch cable broke, drove 15 miles home in traffic using the starter to get going, and engine revs to change gear, happy days.

4. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    2 quick notes.
    My first Ferrari was a 360. Couldn't resist driving it any chance I could get. But, of course like Rick (720) keeping even dirty air off it while driving was my goal. One day my wife and I caught an early movie. Took the 360 as I knew parking lot would be empty. Found the perfect spot where only one car could fit as poles or curbing prevented anyone parking next to me. As I was pulling into this spot I asked my wife if I had enough room from said obstacles that would ultimately protect my car. She replied with a resounding, "Yes". Hit the underside passenger area on the curb! Fortunately the wizards out there who can do touch ups fixed it the following week.
    The next fun experience I posted some time back in another thread. I had driven my top down spider to the local strip center to get some frozen yogurt. Was out of the car no more than 30 seconds when a 2-3 year old boy was being removed from his car seat to go to same fro-yo shop. Out of his mouth I hear him tell his dad, "Look. It's Lightening McQueen." Obviously referring to my car. Cutest thing ever.
    Best