458, 488, Aventador, Track Drive and thoughts before buying "VIDEO" | FerrariChat

458, 488, Aventador, Track Drive and thoughts before buying "VIDEO"

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Patrick21x, Mar 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGX0_rPUvKE&feature=youtu.be

Hey Guys,

I currently own a Scuderia and was looking to add something new to the stable. The Scuderia is one hell of a car. For the next car I was looking for something that had a little more comfort, Power seats at minimum :)

I had searched and searched all over to compare The Ferrari 458, 488, and Adventador. It was very hard to draw a conclusion as what I would really want. So I headed to Las Vegas to do the driving event and drive each on a track for the day. I figured this would give me the best feedback and info on which car I would really be happy with.

Going into it, I was 90% on going with the Adventador. I can tell you that i am so happy I went to test drive these 3 cars as I came out with totally different thoughts than bef I started.

Here is a short video of my thoughts and impressions on deciding which car to buy next. This is just my opinions based on what I was looking for in my next ride. Hope it helps shed a little light on the differences between the 3 cars.

Take care,

Patrick

https://youtu.be/oGX0_rPUvKE

2. cclem

cclem Rookie

Nov 25, 2016
    Nice one, you got me stoked for my 488 to arrive!

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Thanks for the video!

4. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    My 488 Spider arrived a couple weeks ago. You are going to love that thing. Right now it is at Boden Autohaus having Novitec Springs put on to lower it and then a nice Alignment performed. The only thing I do not like is the large gap between the wheels and body. Novitec springs will fix that. I have a front lifter on the car so I am not to worried bout driveways or speed bumps and I am not lowering it to much. Just enough to get rid of half the wheel gap.

While its there, they are wrapping the car in a satin clear bra. Basically its going to turn the stock paint job into an Opaco or Matte finish.

Lastly, it will have a tune which is expected to add an extra 150 HP. I went for a ride in there demo car and was blown away by the acceleration, like nothing I have ever been in before.

All in all, I am very happy with the addition of the 488 to the stable. Let me know how you like yours :)

Patrick

5. 458italia2014

458italia2014 Formula 3

Aug 3, 2013
    That was awesome man. Thanks for that video.

6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I can't imagine what an additional 150 HP will do!!

7. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Excellent video, thank you for making it and sharing.

What did you land up buying?

Regards

Michael

8. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    #8 Patrick21x, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    About a week after making the video, I went to Newport Ferrari to Spec and order this bad 488 Spider shown below :) 5 month wait was tough, but gosh dang I love this car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. LCW

LCW Karting

Dec 29, 2016
    South Florida
    5 months is very quick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    I have to agree that compared to typical wait times, I did get an allocation pretty dang fast. That is what made it to good of a deal to pass up.

11. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    #11 MME, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Congrats! Close spec to mine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login