Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 458 Italia

Reply
 
Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Full Name: Rick
Posts: 480
Order Officially Placed Today

Here is my story....

Been wanting an F458 for last year. Got deadly serious on buying one of the less than 1K mile cars on the market in March for between $280k and $310k

Before I bought Pre-Owned, I took a chance one early morning and sent 20+ emails to different dealers within 500 miles both of my homes in Minneapolis, MN and Austin, Texas.

Minnesota does NOT have a Ferrari Dealership.

Everyone told me to wait 6-9 months except one - I got lucky.

Cauley Ferrari in Detroit told me I could get 2nd in line in March. Dan Kizner was super to deal with from the instant he responded to my email same day, early AM.

Put down the deposit.

Ferrari NA called Cauley in March and ONLY requested one car - the guy ahead of me.

Stopped by on a business trip two weeks ago and drooled over the preowned cars (including one amazing 599) and FOUR F458s in for owner additions (anti-chip film or delivery in the service bay). I was dying at that point.

Ferrari NA called TODAY (4/30) and requested ONE F458! My order was accepted for "July/August Production" and it is definitely a 2013 model year.

This is a dream come true - can't wait to show up with a check, drive the car a day and immediately ship it to one of my homes.

Spent hours reading your posts on options and experiences - thanks for all your opinions, experiences, and recommendations!
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #2  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vegas baby
Posts: 42,000
That's fantastic. Your car and my car will most likely be side by side on the production line.

Figure mid September delivery.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Rcktrod's Avatar
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Full Name: Rod
Posts: 2,313
Great story..congrats.
__________________
Rcktrod "Live the Life You Deserve"
Nero Daytona/Iroko 458 coupe
Future 458S owner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:35 PM
mathematics's Avatar
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto
Full Name: LeatherFoot
Posts: 324
Really nice story. Congrats!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: australia
Full Name: Fly 458
Posts: 485
Fantastic news and good fortune!

you'll need to plan a trip to Maranello for the factory tour and savour the atmosphere.

Nothing like visiting its birthplace to ignite passions.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: HKG
Full Name: Koby
Posts: 348
Congrats! Great story, and remember how excited I was when I received the call regarding a confirmed production slot! Unfortunatly the wait till it arrives in your hands will be excruciating... But that's where the fellow members of fchat as helped! You'll be back multiple times a day living thru other fchatters delivery until your magical day...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Full Name: Rick
Posts: 480
Thanks all for the support.

Start of a great journey!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Full Name: Bill
Posts: 181
Congrats! and yes, the guys at cauley are awesome.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #9  
Old 05-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwjenn View Post
Here is my story....

Been wanting an F458 for last year. Got deadly serious on buying one of the less than 1K mile cars on the market in March for between $280k and $310k

Before I bought Pre-Owned, I took a chance one early morning and sent 20+ emails to different dealers within 500 miles both of my homes in Minneapolis, MN and Austin, Texas.

Minnesota does NOT have a Ferrari Dealership.

Everyone told me to wait 6-9 months except one - I got lucky.

Cauley Ferrari in Detroit told me I could get 2nd in line in March. Dan Kizner was super to deal with from the instant he responded to my email same day, early AM.

Put down the deposit.

Ferrari NA called Cauley in March and ONLY requested one car - the guy ahead of me.

Stopped by on a business trip two weeks ago and drooled over the preowned cars (including one amazing 599) and FOUR F458s in for owner additions (anti-chip film or delivery in the service bay). I was dying at that point.

Ferrari NA called TODAY (4/30) and requested ONE F458! My order was accepted for "July/August Production" and it is definitely a 2013 model year.

This is a dream come true - can't wait to show up with a check, drive the car a day and immediately ship it to one of my homes.

Spent hours reading your posts on options and experiences - thanks for all your opinions, experiences, and recommendations!
Excellent story! Can you share your specs?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Full Name: Rick
Posts: 480
Thanks - sure.

My car is pretty close to base with just the few features I wanted.

Rosso Corsa Exterior
Beige Leather on Seats, Upper Zone, and Tunnel
Beige Alcantara carpet and headliner
Rosso Brake Calipers
Red Seat Belts
Red Piping
Shields
Yellow Tach
Navigation
iPod Connection
Painted inner grills (beige)
ElectroChromatic Rear Mirror and Homelink
Red Cavallinos headrests
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
F2003-GA's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Orlando
Full Name: Jaz
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwjenn View Post
Thanks - sure.

My car is pretty close to base with just the few features I wanted.

Rosso Corsa Exterior
Beige Leather on Seats, Upper Zone, and Tunnel
Beige Alcantara carpet and headliner
Rosso Brake Calipers
Red Seat Belts
Red Piping
Shields
Yellow Tach
Navigation
iPod Connection
Painted inner grills (beige)
ElectroChromatic Rear Mirror and Homelink
Red Cavallinos headrests
Congrats - Enjoy
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwjenn View Post
Thanks - sure.

My car is pretty close to base with just the few features I wanted.

Rosso Corsa Exterior
Beige Leather on Seats, Upper Zone, and Tunnel
Beige Alcantara carpet and headliner
Rosso Brake Calipers
Red Seat Belts
Red Piping
Shields
Yellow Tach
Navigation
iPod Connection
Painted inner grills (beige)
ElectroChromatic Rear Mirror and Homelink
Red Cavallinos headrests
Very nice! Should be a beautiful car.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM
racerdj's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Indianapolis
Full Name: DJS
Posts: 5,855
Congratulations! I never get tired of reading stories like this! Welcome to the forum too.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Full Name: Rick
Posts: 480
Jaslally, 612scag, and racerdj:

Thank you gentlemen (I assume) for the kind words and welcoming. I enjoy reading your posts and learning about these fine cars!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwjenn View Post
Jaslally, 612scag, and racerdj:

Thank you gentlemen (I assume) for the kind words and welcoming. I enjoy reading your posts and learning about these fine cars!
Would you mind posting a picture of your interior when you receive your car? I am thinking about the same interior when I get my slot. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
Posts: 105
Nice story. Congrats!
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #17  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:30 AM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Full Name: Rick
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by csun213 View Post
Would you mind posting a picture of your interior when you receive your car? I am thinking about the same interior when I get my slot. Thanks
You bet - will post plenty of pictures!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Full Name: Rick
Posts: 480
My order went in Monday and went Red 10 today! What a week.

10 - Orders accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
20 - Chassis assembly (at Scaglietti)
30 - Painting
40 - Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
50 - Assembly line (engine/transmission)
60 - Finishing
70 - Testing (road/track)
85 - Storage
90 - Water (intransit)
92 - PDI completed
93 - Shipping to dealers
94 - Dealer stock
94 - Red - retailed
95 - Submit to factory
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vegas baby
Posts: 42,000
90 is the toughest. Your car disappears into a black hole for a month.

Congrats on going red!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: HKG
Full Name: Koby
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwjenn View Post
My order went in Monday and went Red 10 today! What a week.

10 - Orders accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
20 - Chassis assembly (at Scaglietti)
30 - Painting
40 - Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
50 - Assembly line (engine/transmission)
60 - Finishing
70 - Testing (road/track)
85 - Storage
90 - Water (intransit)
92 - PDI completed
93 - Shipping to dealers
94 - Dealer stock
94 - Red - retailed
95 - Submit to factory

Wow that WAS fast! Congrats and can't wait to see the pictures... Especially the interior, sounds fantastic!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.