612 headlight question | FerrariChat

612 headlight question

Discussion in '612/599' started by Dutchman, Apr 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    #1 Dutchman, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ton- You can remove one of the bulbs and rig a hair dryer to clear out the moisture. That is the same way the moisture is getting in there. Make sure the headlight unit is back to room temperature before replacing the bulb, or you will have the same problem again immediately.

The headlights make pretty good evaporative stills, especially in humid climates and climates with big temperature swings. I had a VW Polo in the UK that would condense 1 liter of water overnight in the trunk/boot area until I put in a drain.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

3. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    #3 Makuono, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello!

My 612 headlights are also "foggy" on the inside. Outside no marks or yellowed plastic, but inside it looks there is a smoke layer.

Since the car is in the Middle East (Riyadh, almost no humidity), I wonder which chemical reaction (or dirt) is this.

I've seen some threads about this on the 360 forum - unglue the cover/ cleaning by "magnet procedure", but I wonder if there are other fellow 612 owners who came up with different solutions.

Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login