iPod connecter or AUX jack on back of Becker radio/Nav system | FerrariChat

iPod connecter or AUX jack on back of Becker radio/Nav system

Discussion in '612/599' started by ccferrari, Apr 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Dear F-Chat,
    Pardon if this subject has been covered...
    Does anyone know whether there is an audio AUX connecter on the back of the Becker radio/Nav that Ferrari provides as OEM equipment on new cars?

I'd just like to make a simple connection from my iPod to the AUX port if possible. This is for my 599.

Thank you!
    ccFerrari

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Didn't you ask this question and have it answered three years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!

An yes there are a few other similar threads too

3. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Hmmm...I thought this might be a good source for information. Thanks anyway. I'll call the Ferrari dealer and other audio service shops instead. Best, ccferrari

4. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    The 599 has an ipod option I bet the radio has an input for it but you might need a cable specific to the radio.

5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  6. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Dear FJerry and Need4Spd,
    Thank you very much for your kind help. I didn't want to attempt anything without knowing if there might be a possible solution. This gives me confidence it is worth going through the trouble of pulling the radio out of the GTO in hope of finding the right type of cable required to connect and possibly power my iPod/iPhone. The web link was especially helpful.
    Thank you again!
    ccferrari

7. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Youre very welcome- with a car of this level, I suggest you bring it to a really top shop to do the work. Doesn't the car have iPod from the factory?

8. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Not configured initially. In the Scud it was too noisy to even try and listen to music and Bluetooth was impossible for the folks on the other end of the phone line. In the GTO, the same in race mode but in sport mode, surprisingly, it is civil enough to enjoy some background music in the long drive back from an event. Thanks again.

9. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Makes sense. Good luck with it. Im sure you'll hear this over and over but I am compelled to say you have the best sound system ever already! :)

10. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
  11. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Finally received the cable and carved out some time. Very, very easy installation.
    Picture 1: Shows the purchased iPod Becker cable. Also, the 599 GTO package that comes with the car and has the security removal keys. Obviously, these will not be shown.
    Picture 2: The radio prior to iPod cable installation. Just pull out the old plug and put in the new.
    Picture 3: Next, the subtle tricky part, as the instructions that came with the cable didn't work. So, go to the radio manual that came with the car and turn to the page that describes "system Settings" and look for "external device." Select external device "AUX" and NOT "iPod." The reason? Because the iPod software was not spec'ed with the car and therefore not installed.
    Picture 4: Turn on your radio and push the "media" button. Your choice is now a) the single slot CD player, or, "external" or "aux" device. Select the "external" or "aux" device and your iPod is 100% up and running, playing through your radio.

Nav, phone, bluetooth, radio, single CD player and now iPod (aux) are the usable features of the radio.

Once again, thanks for the help. And yes...the engine is the sweetest music and rockin' out it in the background makes for fun spirited ride n' drives. :)

All the best!
    ccferrari

12. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Very nice- kudos! :)

13. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Glad it worked out!

14. tmario

tmario Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Bumping this thread as I am trying to get the iPod cable installed in my 599 and I assume like cc that mine won't have the "software" as the iPod was not initially specced. Does anyone know if the software is available somehow?

Also, does the software make it so I would be sable to pick out lists and tracks from the radio head without having to resort to touching the iPod itself?

I would appreciate any help.

Mario

15. edeo

edeo Karting

Apr 6, 2006
    Mario,
    My 2010 599 came with the iPod option. It has a cable & pocket in the glove box for the iPod and the iPod is controlled from the radio controls. It came set up as AUX and not as iPod.
    Based upon what the OP said, the software must have been preloaded because there wasn't a separate disc. There was a disc for the GPS system.

Edeo

16. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    There should be a software disc with the car. You can go into the menu options and select either AUX or iPod. If the iPod choice isn't available I suggest taking it up with your dealer.

17. zalsabti

zalsabti Rookie

Oct 6, 2015
    Dear ccferrari
    Do you have the part number for the cable you installed?