Exhaust sound for 599 | FerrariChat

Exhaust sound for 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by 433rdmaw, Jul 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 433rdmaw

433rdmaw Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Jack Calhoun
    Any ideas that have worked well?

Disconnected the valves, but nothing else. Sounds modestly Ferrari, but not like my 550 w/ Tubi did,

2. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    I bought a Novitec Valve bypass, but have to get it installed. It comes with a remote which opens up the valves at any time rather than just at RPM's over 3000.

3. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    Have Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes installed. They're relatively inexpensive, no check engine lights, and the car sounds amazing. I love mine.

4. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    ^ Pretty much!

5. ronchoy

ronchoy Rookie

Apr 30, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    I have the fabspeed bypass pipes + capristo remote valve control unit

Works well, sounds amazing, and the remote allows you to quiet it down when needed

6. 433rdmaw

433rdmaw Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Jack Calhoun
    So the Fabspeed bypass pipes truly make a significant sound difference beyond merely disabling the valves?

It must be beyond any sensors or the lights would be a problem.

Small price compared to other solution if it endures.

7. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I am replacing my entire exhaust set up this Friday and removing my Capristo bypass pipes and remote valve control...and will be putting up for sale if you're interested. Same set up as the Fab that was mentioned. No lights, sounds great!

8. 433rdmaw

433rdmaw Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Jack Calhoun
    Please supply contact information in a private note.

Thanks,

Jack

9. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    The secondary cats are downstream from the last oxygen sensor, so replacing them with straight pipes doesn't upset anything.

10. 433rdmaw

433rdmaw Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Jack Calhoun
    Thanks Mr. Vecchi,

Will be ordering the Fabspeed tomorrow based the experiences of yourself and the advice of the Shop that takes care of my cars.

Jack Calhoun

11. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    The biggest trues performance horsepower and sportscar sound gain on all 599 cars is to replace the factory 2ndary catalytic converters that are located nder the car. The factory 2ndary cats are easily accessible and removed and replaced with Fabspeed catbypass pipes straight pipes.

Since the car has the Ferrari Enzo engine the 599 engine really wakes up with 30+HP from eliminating the redundant catalytic converters.

The 599 main primary catalytic converters Re located up with the factory headers and are untouched. All oxygen sensors are located on the primary catalytic converters.

The factory Ferrari 599 2ndary catalytic converters sit underneath the car and replacing them with Fabspeed Motorsports straight pipes is a simple no brainer and our pipes fit each and every Ferrari 599 car worldwide including the special GTO models.

If there are any 599 owners in the new York new jersey Connecticut Delaware Pennsylvannia area Fabspeed Motorsports invites you all in for a discounted installation and free dyno.

Have a great 4th of July.

12. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    The biggest trues performance horsepower and sportscar sound gain on all 599 cars is to replace the factory 2ndary catalytic converters that are located nder the car. The factory 2ndary cats are easily accessible and removed and replaced with Fabspeed catbypass pipes straight pipes.

Since the car has the Ferrari Enzo engine the 599 engine really wakes up with 30+HP from eliminating the redundant catalytic converters.

The 599 main primary catalytic converters Re located up with the factory headers and are untouched. All oxygen sensors are located on the primary catalytic converters.

The factory Ferrari 599 2ndary catalytic converters sit underneath the car and replacing them with Fabspeed Motorsports USA straight pipes is a simple no brainer and our pipes fit each and every Ferrari 599 car worldwide including the special GTO models.

All 599 enthusiasts should know that are catbypass pipes work and compliment any other factory or aftermarket exhaust system and valve controllers.

If there are any 599 owners in the new York new jersey Connecticut Delaware Pennsylvannia area Fabspeed Motorsports invites you all in for a discounted installation and free dyno.

Have a great 4th of July.

13. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    Jack - Did you have the pipes installed yet? If so, are you pleased with the sound?

14. 433rdmaw

433rdmaw Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Jack Calhoun
    Have not received the system yet. Shipping tomorrow.

Thanks, Mr. Vecchi,

Jack

15. brad599

brad599 Karting

Nov 22, 2012
    seattle
    Full Name:
    brad
    Guys I bought the Fabspeed pipes and disconnected valves. I still have the stock mufflers and the sound is awesome. The bypass pipes were simple to install. I did it myself in about 3 hours. No special tools needed.

16. brad599

brad599 Karting

Nov 22, 2012
    seattle
    Full Name:
    brad
    Does anybody have any experience with a muffler delete system on a 599? If so, can you tell me about your experience.
    Thanks

17. Erictpeterson

Erictpeterson Karting

Apr 4, 2013

Did you need the car up on a lift or just a little ways off the ground to do the install?

18. Alist2003

Alist2003 Rookie

Oct 25, 2012
    UK Peterborough
    Full Name:
    Alistair Ashworth
    Have the Capristo system, remote works very well, sounds similar system to the fabspeed, straight pipes where secondary cats are, very pleased with it, had it installed at local Ferrari dealer, no issues with lights. Have valves open all the time, (press buttons 2+3 together when valves open) albeit some of the neighbours don't seem to appreciate the beautiful noise it makes as much as I do! :)

599 » Ferrari » Car Models » Capristo ExhaustSystems

19. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    The first logical and most important upgrade upgrade for any Ferrari 599 is to eliminate the secondary catalytic converters. The secondary catalytic converters are under the car easily accessible and a couple of bolts and 2 clamps are you can replace the stock cats and pick up an immediate 30+ horsepower and V12 sports car sound with no issues at all.

Simple and easy and works with any factory or aftermarket exhaust system and valve controller. Ferrari put the Enzo engine in the 599 but slapped an extra set of 2 redundant catalytic converters on your Bella machinna and anyone can easily and cost effectively delete those cats for immediate power and sports car sound and have a huge grin on your face! Trust me it's instant gratification that is too easy with no downsides.

20. Erictpeterson

Erictpeterson Karting

Apr 4, 2013
    Joe any chance you can PM me directions for the swap? My Ferrari tech won't do it so I want to make sure I have the tools I need before I order the kit. Thx.

21. brad599

brad599 Karting

Nov 22, 2012
    seattle
    Full Name:
    brad
    Jack I put the Fabspeed bypass pipes on. Super easy and great sound. I can't tell if it made any difference on power. It does "sound" faster.

Brad

22. Erictpeterson

Erictpeterson Karting

Apr 4, 2013
    My Fabspeed bypass pipes are going on today. I'll see if I can get "before and after" sounds.

23. Evan.Fiorentino

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Please do :)

24. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Why did Ferrari put the extra set of cat converters on the car?

25. Evan.Fiorentino

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    It is something that most car companies do to reduce cold start emissions. Catalytic converters need to be red hot (they are literally burning the fuel left over after combustion) to work correctly. On cold start, the main cats are not hot enough to fully reduce the emissions to what the manufacture has to comply to so they will add a second set in the line to further scrub the gases.