Secondary Cat Bypass pipes? Anyone runnung them? | FerrariChat

Secondary Cat Bypass pipes? Anyone runnung them?

Discussion in '612/599' started by D16RR, Oct 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D16RR

D16RR Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Im just curious if anyone is running them...

Any Check Engine Lights?

How does it sound?

Which Brand did you use?

More power or torque?

My dealer said not to mess with these as they say anytime you touch the cats, it will cause issues...

2. Sld7

Sld7 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2010
    I have them and love them. More power and sound. The car does not need 2 sets of cats. No cel.

3. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    Had them on my 07 from Fabspeed..Great sound plus like you I opened the muffler flappers. Never had a cel.

4. D16RR

D16RR Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Does it make it more GTO sound like or more aggressive? Is there any drone?

5. Sld7

Sld7 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2010
    No drone. Sounds much better

6. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    The only time I have heard a GTO was from vids and they do sound impressive. The delete pipes make a great improvement IMO,the car sounds like a V-12 should! Do it, for the money its a good mod, no drone either.

7. 433rdmaw

433rdmaw Karting

Mar 23, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Jack Calhoun
    Did it 75 days ago. No drone. No CEL. Sounds much better than any V-12 that I've heard in person or video. You do not need the second cats. Even the valets comment immediately...

8. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Just ordered mine from fab speed.

9. D16RR

D16RR Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Drew
    OK gotta say the Fuchs sounds cool! Is that what the Fabspeed sounds like?

10. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    My assumption is that they are both Cat bypass systems so they should sound the same.

11. vrracr

vrracr Karting

Jan 14, 2007
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I just had my Fabspeed pipes installed a few weeks ago. Totally brings out the beautiful sound of the Ferrari v12. Everyone should do this. There won't be any issues.

12. Veloce12

Veloce12 Karting

Aug 19, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Brady
    And there are no issues passing EPA tests?

13. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    It's joe at fabspeed Motorsport USA.

The 599 Fiorano has the Enzo type engine and the main primary catalytic converters are located on the headers with the oxygen sensors. Under the center of the 599 are two enormous left and right 700 cell catalytic converters. These secondary redundant catalytic converters are easily removed and replaced with straight pipes that hook up to any factory 599 rear exhaust.

The car immediately picks up an additional 30+ horsepower, better throttle response save approx 25 pounds and Ferrari V 12 sports car sound. No possible check engine lights nor issues. Simple bolt on replacement.

Any Ferrari chatters with a 599 please email Evan at fabspeed as we would like to invite you and your carto the shop to make some before and after videos. We would offer free installation too all participant.

FYI A lot of late model cars often have 2ndary and tertially catalytic converters. Porsche Aston Martin Bentley Ferrari Lamborghini often have very restrictive redundant catalytic converters that are downstream in the exhaust system .

replacing these extra catalytic converters with fabspeed straight pipes is a sure fire way to add power and sports car sound and better gas mileage all in one easy step.

Hope to see someone with a 599 Fiorano or 599 GTO soon.

14. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    I have the Fabspeed cat bypass pipes installed. If you are ever in the Pittsburgh PA area contact me.

15. Schestc2

Schestc2 Karting

Sep 20, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    how about the 612?

16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Joe- The catalysts in the headers are precats designed to heat up quickly for cold starts and cut down on emissions until the main catalysts come up to temperature. Calling the precats the main catalysts and the main cats secondary catalysts is misleading, at the very least.

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good info. So if the main (so called secondary) catalysts are removed and replaced with straight pipes, what will happen during state vehicle inspection? Massachusetts has very stringent emission controls, if the car doesn't pass you get a very ugly "REJECTION" sticker slapped on your windshield.

18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Paul- No clue. Good chance she will pass, but....

19. OH599

OH599 Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    I've been considering going the cat replacement route as well. I've also been considering the usual Tubi, Capristo et al options, but I am very concerned about drone. I am not subject to an emissions test in Columbus, OH, so that isn't an issue. I'd love to get over to Fabspeed in Philly but that is a bit of a hike for me. Fabspeed Guys - want to come pick up my car and make some sound clips of your product?

20. brad599

brad599 Karting

Nov 22, 2012
    seattle
    Full Name:
    brad
    I have the Fabspeed on my 599. Its awesome. There is absolutely no drone. However, if you do a muffler delete system, you are almost surely going to have drone.

21. OH599

OH599 Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    Ok - I think I am convinced that I need to do this. Not that I WANT to, but I NEED to.

22. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Just sent you a PM :)

23. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    #24 Joe@Fabspeed, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Hi terry

What I mean to say is that the main and or primary catalytic converters with the primary 1st oxygen sensor and the secondary oxygen sensor are located on the factory Ferrari 599 headers .

once the spent exhaust gasses pass the secondary oxygen sensor removing and other redundant catalytic converters downstream is simple and logical and 100% can not under any circumstances set off a check engine light.

As I have mentioned many exotic cars and regular enthusiast cars have secondary, tertiary redundant catalytic converters located downstream after the secondary oxygen sensor. Once the exhaust passes that 2nd sensor I have designed and built catbypass pipes for many cars that greatly increase horsepower sports car sound and torque.

I have created secondary catbypass pipes for all these cars
    Bentley continental GT GTC, Porsche Cayenne, VW Tourareg, Maserati, murcielago, lambo lp560' Audi R8 and R10' , Porsche 986,987,987.2 cars.

It's simple and bolt on. Technically in the USA it's illegal to remove any catalytic converter on any emission controlled vehicle. But on exotic cars if it passes the obd2 test , and exhaust sampling tailpipe test no test has ever been failed. Massachusetts and other states typically just run an obd2 and tailpipe test.

On the Ferrari 612 of course we can make an X pipe and secondary catbypass pipes and will dyno before and after. We are hopefully soon going to start development on the Ferrari FF and F12.

I hope you all had a great weekend

24. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    So I had the Capristo remote fitted to my stock exhaust today.

What an amazing bit of kit for the money!