Becker Cascade 6112 in 2010 599 | FerrariChat

Becker Cascade 6112 in 2010 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by hsc2001, Nov 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Happy Thanksgiving!

A question for you seriously knowledgeable Ferrari owners - just bought a 2010 599 HGTE - upgrade from a 2007 430 spider - the Becker / Bose Hi Fi manual was missing from the docs package. Is there any source for these owners manuals online? I've looked without success. I connected the very cool Tune2Air Bluetooth streaming enabler to the ipod cable in the glove box - phone makes & receives calls perfectly (iphone 5) - voice control works fine in this mode - can't access music files even though "Ipod enabled" is selected on the head unit...clearly something is not quite right. When pairing the Tune2Air, it was identified as Ferrari 6112, which I assume means Becker Cascade 6112?

Any help on this subject much appreciated.

only other issue is the brake pedal is a bit to close to the accelerator for my wide foot - wondering if there is any adjust possible?

Thanks & extra helpings of Pumpkin pie for all!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You can't have looked very hard !

Becker Autosound Website is the go-to site regularly recommended here and via google

There's lots of Becker/Apple advice all over this site too

3. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Thanks. found that website immediately - was not able to find anything about Cascade 6112 users manual or how to determine what Becker product is supplied in any particular vehicle. Basically, its a very poor user experience for customers. They are closed today (obviously). please point me to what I could not find.

thanks

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    index - yours is bottom right I think

5. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    thanks for the help

6. aln

aln Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    interesting post. i have a 2008 599 and would like to do the same. please post if you are able to get it working. thanks!

7. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
  8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    From memory, it seems to take forever for the system to recognize my I pod and start to work, once it is working, as long as i don't disconnect it, it works straight away. I would leave it plugged in and go for a drive and then it might work. The whole system is not very user friendly ! Half the places i wanted to visit last year were not found by the sat-nav. I have asked if there is an update but was told not.

9. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Why is this system such a joke for an almost 400k car...such a disappointment in sound quality, usability and functions. Thank god for the exhaust...

Sorry, just venting

10. aln

aln Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    just got the tune2air module, plugged and paired it. fantastic! works well, and even switches automatically to the radio's bluetooth when calling in or out (which is important since it routes the microphone).

11. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    glad its working for you - great piece of tech - simple & effective.
    I want to remove the Becker 6112 and replace w/ a Pioneer 7500BT 1 DIN flip unit - want to retain the Bose Hi Fi speaker system and microphone....

anyone have experience w/ this?

12. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    #12 MarkCollins, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Problem with the flip units is the overhang above (with the Ferrari script). The only one that seemingly works is the Kenwood but it still needs a special mount to bring it away from the dash
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. hsc2001

hsc2001 Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Thanks Mark - I see the problem. I plan to see if I can have a similar fitment fabricated for the Pioneer 7500. Does you car have the Bose Hi Fi specification? If so, were you able to retain the in situ Bose speakers, microphone, etc?

Many thanks
    Steve

14. judd10

judd10 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I have a Becker Cascade 6112 unit and am in dire need of a 4.0 system CD. Does anyone have an extra one that they might be willing to part with or burn me a duplicate CD? I'd gladly compensate you for your time/cd. Thx much!

15. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    I would leave everything stock and use your iPhone...

16. Toddston

Toddston Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    New York, NY
    I dumped the stock Becker that came with my 2007 599 within 72 hours of owning it. It is impossible to navigate, a real pain (various owners agree), the manual is of no help and I never felt that I was getting the full benefits of the Bose Sound system. Life is too short. Replaced it with a top of the line Alpine unit. It is fantastic with every bell and whistle along with HD radio and integrated iPod hook up.

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Adam, do you have the eq working? With some tuning work the stock system can sound pretty good. If you don't have the eq working.... Here is how:

This is from someone here who posted it years ago and I don't remember whom posted it to give proper credit:
    You will want to turn off the Bose auto eq in the TFT screen next to the tach.

Balance and fader: 0
    Loudness: 3
    Ferrari surround: on, medium size vehicle
    Subwoofer: 0
    Xover front; off
    Xover rear: off
    Xover sub: 150hz
    Compression: off

Eq 1 - Lower volume settings/ the car adjusts the sound for lower volume by boosting the bass making it boomier.
    50 hz: -3
    200 hz: +6
    700 hz: -1
    2.7khz: +8
    10khz: +10

Eq 2 I think I have it the same but with 50 hz at +3 (thats a 6dB swing and that is HUGE (each 3dB DOUBLES the volume of that frequency)

Anyway, I just leave an old iPod plugged in and I have plenty of tunes and the sound is GOOD.

I can understand someone wanting to get more functionality of the aftermarket units but I really hate how they look. Sat radio would be nice but most of my drives are just me and I have my music in there already- and then there is the glorious symphony of the V12...

I think my CD is version 3.9x or something like that. I can look later and get back to you. Would that suffice?

18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Forgot to mention- to access the eq when its enabled you press and hold whatever input source- so for example, press and hold for like 5-10 seconds, Media. You'll get the menu with the eq- but it has to be enabled first. Some units were not enabled by the factory.

19. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Thank you so very much. Fantastic writeup to a great feature. I wonder why these controls aren't readily accessible. Just tried it on my stereo and it sounds worlds apart from the preset equalizer. Fine tuned it for the past half hour and I'm extremely pleased with the results.
    I had been strongly considering upgrading the headunit but didn't want to break up the visual uniformity with the rest of the dash. You just solved my internal dilemma.

Thanks again!!

20. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You're very welcome. The only thing that makes any sense as to why this wasn't enabled by the factory is- I think they just forgot on some units.

21. wkumari

wkumari Karting

Jul 15, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Warren

I may have a backup of the System CD, seem to remember version later than 4.0, but it's at my other house . Will check on Monday or Tuesday.
    W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. chris-w

chris-w Rookie

May 1, 2013
    London
    Hang on a second. I bought a Tune 2 Air 1000 unit off eBay plugged it in. It lit up and paired to my iPhone but after several days of fiddling I could never get it to stream.

Are you actually confirming that this does work. If so what was I missing !?

I checked the serial on my Becker and it was a Cascade 6112