Selling my 612 Scaglietti | FerrariChat

Selling my 612 Scaglietti

Discussion in '612/599' started by Piper, Mar 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
  2. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    That interior is a work of art...sporty and yet so plush.
    Good luck with the sale!

3. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #3 Piper, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    That's the thing so many don't realize, so many miss out on. I understand why the v12's are produced in fewer numbers, but with the depreciation curve being what it is, at a point, like this one, a v12 with 540hp and gobs of torque sells for LESS than the 360 that sat next to it in the showroom. I think the body style on the 612 is aging very nicely as well.

4. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Beautiful car - best of luck to you and thanks for helping out with my questions whilst I was acquiring my own 612.

Can I presume you will be looking for a 599 GTB next?

5. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Not sure. Certainly been on the list anyway. Could be an OTO, 599, Cali, 16M as a stretch. No shortage of possibilities. Watching how business shakes out over the summer as well.

6. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    Nice car... GLWS!

7. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    GLWS Bob! Can't wait to see what you buy next.

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- Keep us informed and good luck.

9. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    It's a rare Nart blue colour as well if I remember rightly? Sure you want to do this? I still miss mine!

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Good luck with the sale!

11. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #11 Piper, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Long story. The color's grown on me, but it's not my favorite. It's redundant with my GranTurismo, which also wasn't a genius move given the family dynamic. Just because I can shuttle the kids around in a Maserati doesn't really mean I should. Safer for the kids, and the car, if they're in something else. Just going down the wrong path with the cars. As 612's go, there's a white OTO out there with cuoio interior that I could go for. But I can't trade in on that and keep the Maser, too. My wife doesn't like a clutch, so that makes me thing Cali. Basically, it's probably the wrong car, and if I stay in a 612, I want a different color eventually in an OTO. If it doesn't sell for a while, I'm fine with that.

What I should be aiming toward is one good FUN family car with a more durable interior like a Panamera Turbo and one italian, which means I'm kinda thinking about ditching the Granturismo as well before the kids really **** up the interior somehow. It's just a little too refined for a 6 and a 9 year old.

12. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    How do you find the Granturismo compared to the 612 from a drive perspective? I know that the GT exhaust sounds insane in comparison. I'm also looking at a Maserati Ghibli.

13. Modena_2003

Modena_2003 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2008
    Saudi.Arabia / London
    Full Name:
    Moe Al-Bayat
    Beautiful car!

Good luck with the sale.

14. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The 612 sounds amazing as well with the Tubi's, but much quieter from the salon for some reason. Great in tunnels :) I've tried comparing the two before, perhaps I lack the vocabulary to go beyond the obvious. They both handle well, both a blast to drive. I'm getting a little tired of having to baby clutches rather than launching whenever I feel like it, so the GT wins from that perspective. Both have amazing interiors. I dunno. They're so similar. Drove the Maser a good bit today and loved ever second. Can't wait to drive the 612 tomorrow.

15. Aww100

Aww100 Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I has ordered a Ghibli but now I found a 08 612 with18K miles so I decided to cancel the Ghibli. Hopefully I am not making a wrong decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Aww100

Aww100 Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have ordered a Ghibli earlier but recently ran into a 2008 612 with 18K miles on it. I decided to cancel the Maser order and purchase the 612. Still wondering if I made the right decision. Did I overpay getting the 612? Can't sleep.....until PPI.

17. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The only bad decision is not getting a ppi and paying too much. Cars always need something. If the 612 you have your sights set on needs work, negotiate. Don't lose sleep. Enjoy the process of sorting your car. We all pay for service at or after purchase. I have no problem with a car that needs a bit of work because I can then control the quality of the work rather than taking someone else's word for it. 612 is a wonderful car. But it's not new and has its limitations in terms of usability, traffic comes to mind. Maybe Ghibli suits your needs better. Worth a little inconvenience to have a v12 ferrari in the stable though :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

18. Aww100

Aww100 Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    How much do you consider overpay? Try to find examples in the forum but didn't get any recent specifics.... : (

19. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Whats the price? I love my HGT2 612

20. ZDF_Fan

ZDF_Fan Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Kuwait
    Great looking car Bob! I like the upgraded audio.
    Good luck with the sale. Hope to see your new purchase back here on 612/599 section ;)

21. Aww100

Aww100 Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    $130K. I can walk away if PPI fails. No more negotiation.

22. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So if the PPI turns up any issues at all, that's a failure and you won't negotiate the price or repairs?

23. Aww100

Aww100 Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The seller won't adjust. They just gonna sell it in an auction I think.
    Do you think this is within a fair price range nowadays?

24. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Got a link to the car? Big differences in '08. Could be a base like mine or could be a loaded OTO.

25. Aww100

Aww100 Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not a OTO. Just pm you the link.