Traded my 98 355 F1 Berlinetta for 07 599 GTB | FerrariChat

Traded my 98 355 F1 Berlinetta for 07 599 GTB

Discussion in '612/599' started by Jarc-Landor, Mar 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jarc-Landor

Jarc-Landor Rookie

Jun 27, 2012
    ISTANBUL / MIAMI
    Hi Guys,

I went to a friend's shop who is selling used cars. Most them are exclusive and exotic cars in Istanbul. I went his shop to take photos of my 98 355 F1 on his shop website.

Anyway there was a 07 599 GTB there for sale for last 6 months(35.000 km on odometer).

He offered me to take a test drive ,i had driven it and liked it very much. Really a great cruiser and i felt like i am now get back to present time and technology, after 355 F1.

No offense , i loved my 355 F1 with straight pipes + tubi which was very nice experience as a first FERRARI.

I was planning to keep it more 5 years but last 1.5-2 years time i really made good profit on it.

For Example if i had this trade two years ago , i had to pay double of the price difference that i paid now for the trade. I am sure next 10 years 355's will be a real investment for the owner keeping them last 15 years.

Even i traded 355 F1 , i had profit on both ways of EURO and TURKISH LIRA. (we had a %30 devaluation compared to other currencies since last 1 year.) It was like a small investment for me.

Anyway we negotiated and made the deal !!

I have also one year power warranty for the 599 GTB (told me something like that) from dealer. The car has full service history not serious things experienced and clutch is changed in 33500 km which is good for me.

Anyway, i am waiting paperwork for license plate and during that period my friend is offered me to have a CAR CARE , interior special cleaning , outer car wax as a gift.

I will post pictures as soon as i get the car when the paper work is finished.

Looking forward to drive my 599 in this weekend

2. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congrats!!

3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Hey man, good going - have a blast

4. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Big upgrade! Congrats!

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sounds like a great deal. 599s have come down in price, while F355s have bottomed out on depreciation, so that was good luck for you. Look forward to seeing photos.

6. Jarc-Landor

Jarc-Landor Rookie

Jun 27, 2012
    ISTANBUL / MIAMI
    Thanks guys. I will post photos at the weekend.

Here in Turkey we have funny and headhache laws. I wanted to have a special letters licence plate and wanted to change the lincece plate of the car. But here each letter from A-AA-AAA to Z-ZZ-ZZZ are related to neighborhoods. So where you live , you will have to get these letter combinations. My prefered combo is in another neighborhood where my best friend lives. So he is gonna buy the car and at the same time he will sell me. So i will get these letters. A kind of touching your right ear with your left hand. Silly goverment process to get more money.

Anyway regarding my luck you are right my friend. Two years ago 355 prices are around 70.000 € - 90.000 € depending on MY and condition of course. Nowadays 355 prices are around 110.000 € - 140.000 €
    Now they are close to F430 prices and already expensive than Modena's except CS.

Regarding 599 , imo the price will stay around here as a deep for early cars. Because new F12 prices are around 750.000 € - 800.000 € as brand new , whilst 599 prices were 450.000 - 500.000 € when they were brand new. The euro values %40 more compared Turkish Lira last 2 years and we got more taxes on cars.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, I can never figure out how some of you can afford Ferraris with the taxes you pay. Not being rich, the US (and a few other places) is the only place I could afford a Ferrari because of taxes.

8. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Congratulations. The 599 is a wonderful Ferrari!