Seat Size | FerrariChat

Seat Size

Discussion in '612/599' started by -K1-, Mar 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hi, did the 612 come with different size seats like some of the newer cars do? I had a sit in a 612 at the local dealer but I was flopping around in the seat. I am not that thin so was a bit surprised. The FF/F12 etc seats seemed to fit me fine as do all of the newer cars. My budget might not stretch to the FF and I really like the look of the 612 especially after seeing silver one last week. In pics silver not good at all and the darker colours work better but in the metal it really grabbed me. If the seats don't fit that would be a deal killer.

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Not sure about size - but there were different seat types.

For example, in the series 1 (05 - early 08?) you could order the regular seats or Daytona seats. Late models (OTO) had choices as well, i believe.

If you can provide details, such as year, seat type, (etc), someone could probably help you.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The bolsters are adjustable on the 612 to hold in smaller drivers. You can download a 612 owners manual for free at ferraridatabase.com and read all about it.

The sports seats available in the 2 seat Ferraris in 3 sizes were never available for the 456s and 612s, as far as I know, because they were not set up to tilt forward for rear seat access.

4. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Cheers Taz I couldn't find any obvious adjustment and the sales guy said there was none but they tend to know less than most! Will check Mannual and try again.

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If I remember correctly, on the OTO there were standard seats, Daytona seats, and I think maybe "comfort" seats? Or is my memory faulty?

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Unfortunately my car is in storage so I can't run out and check it, but I am pretty sure that there is no bolster adjustment (2008 OTO).

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Paul- You are correct, there is no bolster adjustment. I should have looked, but since there was one on the 575M, thought there was one on the 612, as well.

K1-One possible solution, and I looked this time, is the tilt the seat front up so it settles you better into the seat back.

8. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Taz cheers but would rather look for a car with seats that fit me better. Wonder if I get get the wife to agree to a FF.... I thought modern performance cars were totally irrelevant until I moved to Germany. Now having decent punch above 100mph actually has some relevance!

9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup- I have hundreds of hours on the autobahn, and you really want something with power up high to keep those pesky GTIs off your bumper.

10. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You would be surprised how fast the little diesels and other small cars are these days. Seems every little hatchback or c-class is belting along at over 200kph these days! I like to drive fast cars fast but I think that going 200 in a little Kia with 15s and skinny little tyres would scare the pants off me! Only Ferraris I saw over winter were FFs, the ones in Germany going MUCH faster than the ones in Switzerland

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Long time ago for me, and then the diesels were bog slow, before they all got turbochargers. We used NATO diesel staff cars that were really slow. I mostly drove a new Corvette and a 308 GTS there in the 80s. The only thing that consistently went as fast as I did (210-230 kph usually) were the big Mercedes coupes. Drivers moved over for those better than they did for the Corvette or the Ferrari, so a 400 meter formation with one cleaned out the traffic pretty well.