My new to me 599 HGTE | FerrariChat

My new to me 599 HGTE

Discussion in '612/599' started by Sechsgang, Apr 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    I had an 08 599 and loved the car but ended up trading it in for the first allocation of the new Gt3...well, we all know how those are going no where and my car was just sitting at the dealer, so I decided to find another 599...and ended up with this 2010 gal. Couldn't be happier. The transmission programming is 10-fold better than the 08 as well (don't know if that's all 10s that are better or just the HGTE package but either way...), which makes me like it even more when it doesn't make me seem like a maniac in a parking lot.

Color is Nero Daytona

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and next to the other toy

[​IMG]

2. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Nice, congrats! Is the Audi your daily?

3. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Daily is a 13 Cayenne GTS, but that audi has been around since new in 2009. If I spend extended times in any given place I have the r8 shipped. Been a great, reliable car.

4. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    Love it, it's a beauty!
    It's nice to see this kind of threads, seems that you really appreciate the 599. :D
    White speedometer is always elegant.
    Enjoy it, I'm sure you will :)

Sent from my F430 using Tapatalk.

5. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Congrats! Enjoy in good health.

6. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Looks very sharp in Nero. Congrats!

7. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    congrats, they're great cars

8. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Congratulations. Drive it in good health. We think alike. Must be something to do with Pennsylvania. I also just bought a Black 2010 599 HGTE. It's on a truck somewhere being delivered. Traded my GT2RS on it. Daily is a 2011 Cayenne Turbo.

9. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew

No way that's pretty funny. Must have rocked selling that 2RS...the values of those and the 4.0s are crazy now! There is just something about the 599 that hits me in that "this makes no sense but I love it spot" (sounds odd...) You will love the car for sure!

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Drew- Ferrari revised the HGTE TCU, giving ~85 ms shifting vs standard 100 ms, with updated algorithms, plus 20 ms faster downshifting.

11. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Nice car. I had an 08 599 too at times I miss it. Funny I had a GT3 on order too. Bailed. One of my DD is a '13 GTS too.

12. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    +1

13. Melanzane

Melanzane Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Florida
    Is the transmission or the programming that much better on a '10 vs '08? I'm eyeballing a 2008 599 right now but I don't want to regret it. Currently in a 612.

14. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    It is unquestionably better. Honestly though its just how the car responds at parking lot speeds that make the reprogram totally worth it. The 07s and 09s were pretty jerky in reverse and even first gear after cold starts etc etc. I would HIGHLY suggest finding one if you could...however, they are listed for a good 40k over what a 2007 or 8 would be listed for. I don't know if the regular 10s (very few non HGTE cars out there) were better but i'd surmise they are...

15. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Congratulations on the purchase

16. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the software update available for the 2007+ cars as well? I did notice a software update somewhere in my car's service history. My car doesn't seem to exhibit any of the jerkiness that you described but I did experience it on a 2010 after a cold start.

17. aln

aln Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    congrats! haven't noticed the jerkiness on my 2008 but then again have never driven a '10 for comparison (or HGTE for that matter)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    ^^You guys also seem to be in warmer climates, which may very well affect that as well. My 08 was particularly picky at 45-55 degrees but would be better when it was 65 degrees plus. But I would still say its worth driving one. I kind of just dealt with the process when I had the first one but now after driving this one wouldn't go back.

As far as having a 07 get a flash to correct it, I don't see why not as I don't think the parts are any different on the gearboxes btw our cars. However, I'm not as knowledgeable about these cars as I am with Porsches so I won't go stepping where I don't know thin ice could be so to speak.

19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Some of the 07s can accept the flash update. Some can't. Theres a VIN cutoff number.

In any event, congratulations! Its a great car.

20. 65 f.i.

65 f.i. Karting

Feb 10, 2008
    Santa Barbara, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Martin
    *****ing.

I feel the lines on the 599 are so much smoother than the F12. The black is so incredible.

How do you feel about the dependability of the 599?

21. Sechsgang

Sechsgang Formula Junior

May 29, 2006
    Wayne, PA
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Never worried about the 08 I had and I can't imagine being more worried about this one...they don't seem to ever have had too many problems and the motor itself seems pretty damn sturdy. Obviously, it's still Italian so you never really know...but at least it would look sexy in the garage being fixed.