Help finding a UK supplied 599 GTO -Bit of a long shot | FerrariChat

Help finding a UK supplied 599 GTO -Bit of a long shot

Discussion in '612/599' started by F4TEA, Apr 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F4TEA

F4TEA Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Hi everyone. Very long shot this but trying to track down the owner of a White-black roof 599 GTO.

Its a long story but I have the Classiche folder and build photos etc for the car. I used to work at Ferrari and my predecessor had it in his desk with some other bits and when he left he put the box in the bin!!!!. I believe it was for a car that got sold on very quickly hence the fact it didn't go with the car. I also believe that the car got exported outside of the uk.

I thought it was too nice to see in the bin. My intention was to keep it a as piece of automotive history and I used to be a bit of a Ferrari fan. It seems wrong that the now owner where ever they may be is without this.

I would like to reunite it with the owner really. Also just to clarify I am not looking to sell this. I'm not that type of person, a customer offered me money for the folder but it really should go with the car.

I am sure you guys know better than me but the folder has the certificate and all the build details and photos from the factory.

I hope people understand my intentions here, if I was in the positon to buy a GTO I would want this.

If anyone can track down the owner I will of course need proof of ownership even if its just a pic of the vin before I send it off.

And before anybody asks if this is a scam to find out a GTO owners address, I already know 4 GTO owners who would vouce for me. I know its a long shot and I have no idea where the car ended up in the world.

Chassis ends 178094

Thanks everyone

2. F4TEA

F4TEA Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    #2 F4TEA, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    This car is still in the UK. The last time I saw it was at London main dealers HR Owen. I suggest you contact them and they may be able to put you in touch with the owner. I don't have contact details for the owner myself.

Jonathan

4. F4TEA

F4TEA Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Thats great. Do you know how long ago that was. Somebody has told me that it may be the same car that carries the reg FA57 GTO but sure that is a different car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It was registered FA57GTO but isn't now. HR Owen had it for sale in November 2012 but it is definitely still registered in the UK.

Jonathan

6. F4TEA

F4TEA Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Well done that man. I shall keep trying to track it down I may get in touch with owens on monday.

7. thecarfinder

thecarfinder Rookie

Dec 13, 2007
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #7 thecarfinder, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Hi, I know the owner well, i was speaking to him yesterday, it would be great to reunite the two! Please give me a call on 07977465326

Chris

8. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Great work. That's a cool thing to do.

9. F4TEA

F4TEA Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Thanks for your help everyone. It was too good to be binned and looks like you have found the owner. As I said wasnt looking to try and sell it as had some silly offers. Its obviously specific to the car and its not mine to keep it.

thanks again.

10. F4TEA

F4TEA Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Thanks again everyone, especially chris. The owner is going to collect the next time he is down my way.