The "f60" Alonso edition | FerrariChat

The "f60" Alonso edition

Discussion in '612/599' started by Patek, Apr 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Is this car worth buying at $298,000. Is it a future collectible.or just some stripes at $60,000 premium . What is everybody's thoughts. Buy it and keep it, or keep moving.will it hold it's value or follow the rest .

2. KevinLee

KevinLee Rookie

Jan 5, 2014
    its one of the few last runs (40 in fact) of the last 599's with HGTE, manufactured in 2011. Honestly, I like it and the interior/exterior plus rims differentiates it as a 60th anniversary edition. I own one and I find it is especially smooth compared to earlier 2007 thru 2009 models. We will only know down the road and leave it to demand and supply. BTW, I am from Singapore and I own the only one on the road here. One in Malaysia owned by the Sultan of Johore.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- There were several different versions of the 60th anniversary (Gonzales victory) 599, but the most common was the Alonso. Folks were asking $500K for them, but prices have dropped precipitously. Ferrari equivalent of Corvette Pace Car trim.

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    There is an as new Alonso version 599 for sale here in Canada with only 107km. Priced at 400k CDN the owner has yet to find a buyer in more than a year of trying to sell it.
    CH

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Good luck at that price. Funny thing is, some of the other 60th paint schemes were very attractive. Most Alonso owners seem to love them, however.

6. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Are there any pictures of these other 60th paint schemes?

I'm only aware of the Alonso and am interested to learn about the other variations of the 599.

7. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Yeah, the pace car trim is not very exciting.

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #8 tazandjan, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Roupin- Affirmative. First is the Gonzales version known as the 60th Anniversary 375 F1 livery in the original, darker red used in the early F1 cars. Next is the Alonso version officially known as the 150th Italia Livery No 1 painted in the same color as the 2001 F1 Ferraris. Last is the tamed down version of the Alonso version, 150th Italia Livery No 2, with most of the white paint missing.

Not too fond of the wheels they use, might look better in person, but the Gonzales version and toned down Alonso version actually look pretty good. All had HGTE and unique interiors. Only ones I have seen for sale are the Alonso versions with all the white paint. Option price for the fancy livery, including HGTE, $53,800, a bit more than Corvette Pace Car livery. As a matter of fact, about the same as a base 2014 Corvette.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

In person, the Alonzo edition looks cool. Not $60K more worth of cool, but still nice.

10. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Not worth the extra money money in my opinion.

11. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    I don't really see the appeal of it. I saw one of them at the dealership and wasn't really impressed with it.

12. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Very interesting. I didn't know the first and last one even existed!

I have only seen the 2nd one with the all white paint in person at the dealer once and was not impressed with the looks. It looks kind of like a juvenile stripe kit, especially the area behind the front wheels. Just my opinion though.

Thanks Terry :)

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It's the sort of paint job that looks cool on display somewhere, but on the road, I think it might detract some of the class and sophistication of the 599 by making it look a little 'aftermarket look at me'

14. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    would love the Gonzales edition.

15. KevinLee

KevinLee Rookie

Jan 5, 2014
    #15 KevinLee, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    tomc likes this.
  16. Flo400

Flo400 Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    It's all personal taste, but I think that the funny stripes and stuff of the Alonso edition makes the 599 lose some of its GT elegance - the GTO did that better.

Given the fact that apart from stripes the car is not different from a HGTE and it's more of a last try to sell 599s before the F12 arrived than a Special edition, there's no reason for me that it should keep its value better than a normal HGTE.

In Germany (and I guess in other parts of Europe too), the Alonso edition was kind of forced onto the dealers and many of them remained unsold. However, everything sells at the right price.

17. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Ok, I will keep what I have. Just asking around.
    Thanks for the input. Now I can buy the patek 5970. I always need to know what time it is a the smart phones don't have any sort of time device on them..... lol..
    I do like mechanical watches.

18. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    FWIW I like the Alonzo 599 a lot. I think it's beautiful.

19. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    I think it looks awesome and it did precisely what it was supposed to do...honor a driver with a team look....and its exclusive....

20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Seems to be two camps, ones who love it and ones who do not. Thank goodness for differing tastes, or we would all be driving refrigerator white 4 doors. Would love to see real photos of the 375 F1 Livery 599. Likely not too many exist. That was even before my time.

21. KevinLee

KevinLee Rookie

Jan 5, 2014
    Taz,

Am a big fan of the F 575 M. Want your input on the car. Perhaps appropriate if you could PM me. Was looking at one two weeks ago but was too slow and it was sold.

22. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Kevin- I am not set up to receive pms because I get too many questions I am totally unqualified to answer. You can e-mail me at [email protected].

Have you read the 575 Technical Thread? Read it back to front because we have learned a lot since the thread began.

23. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    The 599 is my favorite modern Ferrari and Alonso is my favorite driver. But....I can't bring myself to looking for one of these, way to much going on for me. I would, however, like a 375 F1 edition. Agree with Taz, different tastes are a good thing in life.

24. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    But is it your favorite 599 for someone else to own? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

25. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Yes! You! I do want a ride if you get one!