F1 612 Transmission Issue | FerrariChat

F1 612 Transmission Issue

Discussion in '612/599' started by chet, Apr 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    I am having an issue shifting into 1st from the lever. Sometimes it shifts but takes a long time and sometimes it doesn't shift at all. Shifting to first with the paddle works fine. I remember reading about this but I couldn't find the thread. Anyone have the same issue or know of what's causing the issue?

Is there a way to shift into R with the paddles?

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Chet- Sometimes the lever breaks down below where it attaches. Hill Engineering makes a replacement lever for the 360 that should fix the problem. ~$115 for the part plus labor. Panel is $4000 so worth trying.

No way to get reverse with the paddles. On Superamericas and 612s, I recommend always selecting 1st with the paddles, since that lever is known to be fragile and the system seems to understand the paddle commands better. No choice in reverse. Once that lever is replaced, less of a problem, but I would probably still use the paddles.

Will she select reverse at all? Probably best to have your tech use an SD3 and check and see what is wrong before starting to swap parts.

Ferrari Parts : RL01 360F1 Reverse Gear Lever : Ricambi America

3. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks. Shifts into reverse no problem. I'm worried that the problem will extend to reverse next.