599FXX Body kit | FerrariChat

599FXX Body kit

Discussion in '612/599' started by zakeen, May 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Is it possible to get this body kit? Im loving the side skirts and front fender part.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    $34k for the body kit...:O

4. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
  5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  6. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    It would be interesting to see the kit without the hood and rear spoiler. I didn't realise there were no side skirts, just extensions.

7. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    I asked Ferrari if the side fenders could go on my GTO at the presentation of the GTO + when I specced my car at the Atelier and the answer was no: Homologation problems for the road.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That's a shame. Would've been stunning!

9. DARIES

DARIES Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    #9 DARIES, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    Just dying to put the 599Fxx body kit on a 599 road car, absolute dream project. Parts would fit but Ferrari wont sell the parts, only to 599XX owners and even that, its Ferrari which fixes and replaces them themselves and since mostly all of them are stored at the Ferrari factory, well you get my point.
    Been trying to get my hands on parts for the past year now and so far impossible.

10. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Actually, it is more complicated than this!! The kit did exist and was for sale but was not homologated for road use. Apparently if you went for the full kit including the trunk lid, then the car became unstable at 200 km/h and above....

I took the winglets from my XX when we upgraded to Evo and put them on my GTO and it looks great (I also put the XX carbon wing mirrors) but that is as far as I went. The car remains stable at extremely high speeds (far north of 300 km/h)....

11. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    thread revival:

The boot (trunk lid) and its nolder were suggested for use only on slow tracks and to run without it on high speed tracks.
    The literature for the track aero pack was pretty clear and hence it could also be ordered without the trunk lid

12. MotoMeccanica

MotoMeccanica Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    Calgary Alberta
    As said, the kits were/are available from Ferrari, BUT Ferrari North America will not allow them to be sold to cars in North America as they are not made for road use. You can source through Euro Ferrari dealers, or Novitec can supply. Ricambi has also been able to supply (from what a customer has told me).

Scott

XJLDN likes this.