2009 GTO 599 Pricing | FerrariChat

2009 GTO 599 Pricing

Discussion in '612/599' started by pigcorn, Jun 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pigcorn

pigcorn Rookie

Apr 10, 2007
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Ed
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The Rosso Mugello is a rare (non-metallic) color but the interior in that color combination of seats trim and carpets is a bit too 'show car' IMHO. Not very practical to maintain the appearance. They have had the car for at least a year and don't seem anxious to sell it at a discount. Never hurts to ask but I don't see much coming off that asking price judging by how long it's been there. Neat exterior color though which first appeared as an option for the Ferrari F50...
    CH

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks like a $185K car to me. Never hurts to ask. They are not getting any more valuable.

4. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    To my eyes that's a very pretty 599, the interior is certainly very rich but the effect is actually very nice I think. Extremely impractical but very nice, the leather covered dash is not something I have seen often.

Very nicely specced car overall.

5. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    It has been on the market for a while. Offer what you have budgeted. See what happens. If it were a year newer with HGTE maybe it'd be $225K to $235 K but I think its a little high at current price. Suspect the dealer has it on consignment for someone in no hurry to sell.

6. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    I love the slab of carbon on the dash...don't understand why some people ordered an all leather dash instead.

There was another car a couple weeks ago with the same setup, except in blue.

7. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just a FYI. I have seen the car. The interior is unusual. That car has been there for over a year. My guess, they really want to sell it. If you like the color combo go in at a low price and see what happens.

8. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    I saw that car last year--when I went to the FCA meet. They jerked me around--after I set up an appointment. I bought another one which I am very happy with.

The white interior will show stains very easily. Also, I would certainly have a complete PPI done on this car--as it has been sitting there for a LONG time (Well over a year now) I asked about this & the know nothing salesman said "Well the mechanics looked it over but did not do anything"

I think the range is $180 ----if you can live with the color, etc. Remember, it may be quite a hard sell -----if you get tired of all the people gawking at the bright color. My car is Argento Silver. I had in parked at a restaurant before I bought it. Everyone just passed it by without a second look. If it were red with the striped interior, another story

Ken Goldman

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Maybe offer $200k provided they add a GTE kit?

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Andrew- Cheapest price I have seen on that kit is $18K.

11. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
  12. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Wow. Over $50K cheaper than the one in Chicago.

Seems like a deal

Ken Goldman

13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #13 of2worlds, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Perhaps but I haven't seen red with a blue interior for a Ferrari color combination since the 1960's....
    CH
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I like it.

15. :Marc

:Marc Karting

Nov 9, 2007
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I was 599 shopping before I bought my 458 , that car is +/- 185k as I was buying a 2010 HGTE car with under 1000 miles for 225k in black and that was in December, a friend just sold 2010 HGTE w 5500 miles for 206k, hope this helps.

16. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    +599

Red with blue interior is classic, and looks great on the bigger GT models.

17. glabbe

glabbe Karting

Jun 18, 2014
    Leonard, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Dr. Gary Labbe
    #17 glabbe, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just purchased a red 2008 599 with an all leather blue interior. I think it is the same car pictured above. I think I got a good deal on it. It is a one owner car that has been serviced at the same Ferrari dealer all of its life. It has had the yearly maintenance done every year and the previous owner took it in every time he heard any unusual noise coming from the car. I paid the asking price, $157,489, but the dealer paid to bring the maintenance up to date and have the car inspected. That cost them over $4,400. I wired the money down to them early last week and they are planning to ship Monday or Tuesday. I am so excited, similar to how I would get the night before Christmas. I have never owned a Ferrari before but have wanted one for over 40 years. I am now retired and plan on doing a lot of driving.

I am glad to hear that a few on the thread like the color combination. I have had a few people remark that the red and blue should not be allowed on a Ferrari

18. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    +1

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats on the new car and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Hey, you know what opinions are like and everyone's got one. The combination only has to look great to you (btw, it looks great to me too).

My only question is why are you having it shipped??? You're retired and you plan on driving it, what gives? When I bought my 612 it was 600 miles away. The dealer said "I'll have it shipped". I told him why the heck would I pay $1000 to have it shipped when I can drive it back myself. My wife and I flew out, the dealer picked us up at the airport, and we had a nice 3 day leisurely ride back home. :)

20. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Idiots who have no clue what they talking about, it's a classic Ferrari color combination, very interesting and never boring (like Red/Tan).

22. glabbe

glabbe Karting

Jun 18, 2014
    Leonard, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Dr. Gary Labbe
    That's a great idea. I didn't consider it. I live in Michigan and the car is in Florida. That would have be wonderful traveling through the Smoky Mountains. I might call the dealer tomorrow morning and see if the shippers can be canceled.

23. glabbe

glabbe Karting

Jun 18, 2014
    Leonard, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Dr. Gary Labbe
    Thanks for the support. I purchased the car because I like the color combination. The interior has red contrasting stitching and it really pops. Having never owned a Ferrari before it can be rather intimidating for a Ferrari service manager to tell you the car you are considering buying is not a proper color combination for a Ferrari.