Purchased a 599 GTO Last Week | FerrariChat

Purchased a 599 GTO Last Week

Discussion in '612/599' started by imcarnuts, Jun 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    #1 imcarnuts, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The end of March I posted that I purchased a 2010 599 HGTE. At roughly the same time I ordered (or should I say put my name on the list to order) an F12. Delivery was going to be at least 18 months. Over the last few weeks I have been closely following the thread started by LARRYH https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/612-599/450661-thoughts-599-gto-values.html. After doing the math I realized that the money difference now between my 599 HGTE and the new F12 when it arrives and the money difference between a GTO & the HGTE now probably wouldn't be great. Now it came do I want a GTO now or an F12 later. LARRYH's thread really helped me make the decision - thanks Larry and everybody that contributed to it. My wife on the other hand does not thank you!!!

The specs are:

Interior - Extracampionario - Not Standard (????) Just looks black to me
    Carpets - Extracampionario - Not Standard (????) Black also
    Carbon Door Sill Cover
    Red Brake Calipers
    Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
    Carbon Fiber Headlight Bucket
    Carbon Fiber Bench Trim
    Seat Belts Red
    Carbon Fiber Wheel Cup
    Carbon Fiber Under Door Cover
    Dedication Plate in Silver
    Carbon Fiber Dash Insert
    Fire Extinguisher
    Heat Insulated Windshield
    Home Link
    Yellow Tach
    Leather Upholstery
    iPod
    Trunk Luggage Set
    Navigation System
    Front & Rear Park Sensors
    Two Color Painting - Grigio Silverstone Opaco
    Privacy Rear Windows
    Full Electric Seats
    Leather Headliner
    Colored Challenge Wheels
    Leather Rear Shelf
    Bose
    Special Features (????)
    Special Stitching - Thick
    Interior 3rd. Fabric Color (?????) (Black)

These pictures are from the dealer web site as I don't have the car yet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Congratulations very nice GTO that was one of the ones I was considering I believe it was offered at a great price.. I on the other hand got a call from my dealer that they had an allocation for an F12 so I decided to get that for now .. however I do see a GTO in my future also ..
    I suspect you will be very happy to have made the choice you did.
    LarryH

3. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulation! Very beautiful and classic color combination!

4. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    I do not have to switch the speedo. Will use the digital speedo as it can be switched to mph. It has current service but when I send for service I will inquire about changing it.

The car originated in Vancouver. These things sure travel a lot on trailers. As far as driving the car, we don't put plastic on our furniture & I enjoy my cars. I am not saving it for the next guy. Not saying I drive it in the winter but I am not going to not drive it to keep mileage low to help retain value. It is waterproof and will be driven in the rain.

I'm not really sure if the car was discounted due to starting in Canada. I think I got a bargain as the msrp was 679,000.00 but not sure if that is US or Canadian. Even though I bought it from a Penske Porsche dealership and they have sister stores that sell Ferraris, they are having trouble getting original build sheets that include pricing. They say it is because of the car coming from a Canadian dealership.
    The car had to get certification for the US but that was done when brought into US. According to dealer this is a paperwork thing only and no alterations were made to the car to import it.

5. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Thanks Larry. I don't really have a "go to" dealer as I've only owned 2 Ferraris - a 2010 458 bought from Miller Motorcars in Greenwich Ct. (visiting son) & the 599 HGTE that did not come from an authorized dealer. Not sure what I would have done if able to order an F12 now. In Pittsburgh so either have to go to Philadelphia (267 miles), Columbus (222 miles) or Washington (207 miles).
    I've owned over 30 Porsches since my first in 1979 but a Ferrari rookie. Not even sure which dealer I should use for service.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Congratulations,you made the best decision possible.
    You've got a "keeper" now instead of buying a car that you would enjoy only until the "next best thing" would come to market and make F12 yesterday's news.
    Give your GTO title to a lawyer with instructions to never give it back to you, make it a permanent part of your future estate.

7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Congratulations! Very beautiful car.

8. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Awesome! Congrats! The 599 GTO is an awesome car and based on owner's reviews, one of the most fun Ferrari's around.

-F

9. V12Fanatic

V12Fanatic Rookie

Jun 24, 2014
    wow a GTO in Pittsburgh i hope i see it on the road. Any chance youll be at the vintage gran prix car show next month?

10. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Believe it or not thats almost exactly what i did. I have absolutely no intention of ever selling mine. After less than 6 months of driving my GTO i included it as part of my estate. To be either shared or sold by my two sons after I'm gone.
    Congrat's on buying a GTO and I 'm sure you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

11. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It was nice of you to answer in a separate thread and yep, these cars certainly do travel. I'm glad you prefer to drive your cars and the "WET ROADS" Manettino setting is handy. :) I wish you fond memories with your new ride.

12. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I saw the pics of your car and the wind literally went out of me..."wow" is about all I could muster. I don't see how anyone ever gets rid of a car like that. Enjoy!

13. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Awesome! Congratulations!!!

14. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Congratulations! Great choice

15. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Congrats - I've always preferred the black interior to beige on the red cars.

16. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    Wow...! Congrats on a great buy...! :)

17. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Thanks everybody for the comments. Much appreciated.

You've been talking to my wife. Even she says this one is a "keeper". In the last 18 months I went from a Porsche GT2 to a Porsche GT2RS (phenomenal car) to a Ferrari 2010 HGTE and now the the GTO. She is ready to kill me.

Yes I plan to be at the Ferrari area for the Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix. Hope to meet you there. Actually from Greensburg.

Personally I like black better also. In addition I wear jeans 90% of the time and the dye doesn't show on black.

18. Erictpeterson

Erictpeterson Karting

Apr 4, 2013
    Gorgeous! Congrats!!

19. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Your car is an absolute work of art! Enjoy in good health!

20. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Wonderful!

Congratulations!

(I hope your wife comes around . . . )

21. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Porsche is clearly an entry or gateway car…..and once you go F-car….its just ….over…..need more and more!!!!

22. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Congratulations and welcome to the GTO club. You've made the right decision as you will have tons of fun with the GTO. Drive it often, drive it hard and treat it with the respect the car deserves.

All the best,

M

23. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Congrats!! One of the best machines to experience on the road! I just did 2K miles in a month and I've been enjoying her thoroughly. Don't keep her in let her roam around :)

24. :Marc

:Marc Karting

Nov 9, 2007
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Enjoy it!

25. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Just received a call from the dealer that the car will be here tomorrow. I had a Novitec Rosso front end lift installed in the 599 HGTE that I traded. Part of the deal was they had to transfer the lift, the K40, and redo the clear bra. Took longer than I expected. Can't wait.