Ferrari Classische 599 GTO | FerrariChat

Ferrari Classische 599 GTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by glob1971, Jul 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Hello to all,

The Ferrari Classische documents of the 599 GTO i want to buy are lost :-(

I was told it is possible to order a new one, does anyone have an experience ordering a new Classische book from Ferrari and if yes, how long it takes and how much it cost !

Big thanks for your answers.

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    $500.00 +/-

3-6 Months

You would need to go through your local Ferrari Dealer Service Department.

If you need help, PM me.

S

3. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Really? When I bought my GTO from Ferrari Dallas a few months ago it did not have the Classiche book. I was told by your dealership that it was not possible to replicate.

4. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Ferrari should just chuck them on the cloud for GTO owners

5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    #5 SAFE4NOW, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    Do you remember who your salesperson was?

I'll look into it.

S

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Updated price, $1500.00 is correct for duplicate classiche binder from Ferrari SpA
    S

7. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Does this require a thorough reinspection of the car (with labor charge as if you are doing classiche certification for an older car such as an F40 for example) before they can reissue the classiche certification book?

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Not to my knowledge. It will be back dated to when the inspection WAS performed and pages labled " Duplicate "

9. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    So what happens when the car is more than 10 or 15 years old and you lose the certificate at that time, will Ferrari issue you a duplicate certificate anyway with just a fee or do they require the car to undergo a detailed inspection by the service department before they will reissue the classiche certificate?

10. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Hello all,

I initiated this thread, and here is my opinion :

- not having the original Classische book is a serious issue.
    - replacing it by a duplicate is slightly better, but it will be always a duplicate.
    - most of us are planning to keep the GTO for years, Classische book will be very important in 10/20 years.

So if you didn't get it when you bought the car, bad luck and you should complain to your dealer. If you lost it, also bad luck and you should ask for a duplicate. If you don't want to pay 1500/2000 USD for a duplicate i think this is a mistake.

Last but not least, the 599 GTO is THE ONLY modern Ferrari with the Classische certificate - I believe this is not only marketing ;-) I am actually looking for a GTO with the certificate, most of GTO's on the market are missing it. Hard to find one with the complete documentation.

But i found one ;-)

11. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Spoke with Ken Ambrose about it.

12. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    You can always pay to have it reinspected and a new report done. It typically costs about $5000 or so for a modern Ferrari. It's really easy to do.

I never understood why Ferrari did a Classiche when it was new. After all, the report only certifies that the car is unmodified just as it left the factory. It does not talk about condition or maintenance, missing manuals, keys, etc. Doing a Classiche at the time it left the factory is redundant in my opinion. Having the original Classiche binder is nice but it does not mean that the car is still in original condition. It could of been modified right after the car was delivered.

It's a nice piece for your bookshelf but it probably doesn't change the value of the car significantly. Therefore a reprint is basically the same as having the original. Having it redone may be more valuable in some people's eyes.

Getting the owners gifts is much cooler in my opinion. There was a 1/43 lost wax model for the GTO, Aperta, and 16M and a special brochure. You can find them every once in a while on Ebay.

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I cannot believe how good Ferrari is at picking peoples pockets. It's mind blowing.

They classische a brand spanking new car? It's not even a classic yet. What a cash grab.

14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Buyers of a brand new La Ferrari also receive a Classiche Book.
    Have seen several such cases.

Marcel Massini

15. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    #15 glob1971, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    I don't think this is picking people's pockets, i personaly believe it add value to the car. Not that much, but as it belongs to the car this is making it unique !

16. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Is it "picking peoples pockets " when it's included with the car , the client does not pay extra for it?

S

17. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Your opinion. As Classiche has become more widely understood, the prestige of it has worn off, and many have concluded otherwise. It may marginally facilitate a sale or increase the transaction price, and that's fine. Does it increase the transaction price materially? I rather doubt it in this case. A modern 599GTO? It is what it is.

I wouldn't be so hung up on it.

CW

18. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    I think it's quite the contrary. In 20 years a document certifying that the car was to factory spec when it was essentially will be meaningless to a prospective buyer. I imagine they'll want a recent Classische oro some such thing.

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Nothing about Ferrari is free. IMHO the 599 is an obtuse cash grab. Almost as bad as lamborghini with thier never ending gallardo speacial editions.

20. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    What does that mean?! Isn't every car produced by every manufacturer a cash grab, thats the industry business model.

21. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    :)

22. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Fact is, SpA declared itself to be the arbiter what a "real" Ferrari was out of the blue. It shows up unannounced declaring some cars certifiable and others not. And, determining what could or couldn't participate in the Historic Challenge. Thus, creating (and deleting) value for owners. There are also several stories of cars that got cert that should not have. And, have you paid attention to what happened to the Historic Challenge at least in part as a result?

Then, add the fact that unless a dealer submits a minimum number of certification applications per period, they're fined.

Then, add the fact that they have taken a very off-putting posture when it comes to bringing cars current, saying they are taking cars back to "as original" with no regard for history. As if they know the history (or cared about it) after it left the factory!

The, add the fact that they charge on a sliding scale (based on what they say the value is).

I could go on an on, but the fact is that Classiche is a clever marketing gimmick. It evaluates a moment in the car's time, five minutes after which, they have no idea happens.

It's a vanity-based revenue stream. Not an exchange for value, in most cases.

CW

23. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Thank you very much, Sir.

Marcel Massini

24. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Personally I would rather have the history a historic Ferrari documented by Mr Massini as to me that to me much more sought after document.

25. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    +1.

Ferrari's certification is a joke at best. Almost worthless.