612 TPMS Sensors | FerrariChat

612 TPMS Sensors

Discussion in '612/599' started by Piper, Jul 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1 Piper, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Okay, let's try this again. I'd love a recommendation on the best replacement for my TPMS sensors. Thanks in advance.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- Do you know if you have 315 or 433.9 MHz sensors? See the 575M thread for one showing OEM 433.9 MHz sensors for around $350.

4. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So as long as they're the right freq, they'll work?

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- As long as they are Huf-Beru and the right frequency, you know they will work.

6. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ordered the aftermarkets. What could go wrong? :)

7. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Not much for you, but the next owner :)

Labor to install, remount and balance tires will outpace the sensors. I',m sure they will be fine, I suspect the big difference will be battery life.

-dsd

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- A similar set worked for a 599 owner, so just keep your fingers crossed. The Gen 1.5 Huf-Berus now last 5-8 years. Gen 1 was more like 3-5. Like David said, no telling with these. Also shelf life on the Huf-Berus is nearly unlimited because the batteries are not activated until the sensors see around 25 psi.

FIN612 likes this.
  9. momiji

momiji Karting

Dec 30, 2010
    UK
    Bob, did you install the aftermarket sensors in the end? I would be interested in your experience with these. I have ordered some Challenge wheels for my 612 and need to install new sensors. The originals on the current split-rims are no longer transmitting properly, so not an option to swap over. Thanks.

10. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I bought them but never installed them. Long story. Sorry. The retailer is adamant that they sell them to Ferrari owners regularly without any problems but there's a slightly different installation procedure, filling half way to activate and then filling the rest of the way or something.

11. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Piper,

I have bought these for my stock 612 wheels and plan to install them. I will post back my results.

As for your Challenge rims. Where did you buy them and what did you pay? Did you get the 599 version? Ball polished or painted?

There is a set of painted on ebay with tires for $6K. I think that is way overpriced but trying to get some additional perspective or options from other buyers.

Thanks.

12. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I'm also in need of a new TPMS system for my 612. I think the batteries conked out, now that they are 5-6 yrs old... Will investigate and may pick them up!

13. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm afraid I'm still not going to be any help. I didn't buy challenge rims, but modulars. And I didn't even end up using them. Sold them without ever mounting them.

Though come to think of it I did discuss challenge rims with the guy that sold me the modulars and he said the challenge rims are at $6k now. So that's about right.

14. momiji

momiji Karting

Dec 30, 2010
    UK
    #14 momiji, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I bought a set of the Challenge rims for my 612 from Eurospares as I am in the UK (approx. £3k shipped) - they are painted rather than ball polished. IMHO these look better than the highly polished wheels on a 612 (my car is Nero/tan). I have attached some pictures of the wheels as they were unpacked. They look very good with correct number/text castings etc. ES will also send some TPMS sensors which they tell me are sourced directly from Ferrari (so must be Huf I suppose) at £70 each. I thought it better to go this route rather than after-market units with potentially shorter battery life. Haven't sourced tyres yet, but will probably go with MPSS as several have commented on how good they are in previous posts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    How did the tire selection and Huf-Beru TPMS work out?

16. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I haven't put mine to use yet, still NIB.

17. momiji

momiji Karting

Dec 30, 2010
    UK
    Same - I have all parts now apart from tyres - but will probably wait to switch until after Winter as weather already pretty poor here. Current Pirelli tyres still have life on the modular rims.

18. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Finally put them to use post sale of the 612 for the new owner and they worked fine.

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- Good to know. That is about half the price of the Huf-Berus.

Things are not that complicated, so should be easy to duplicate by another company.