Another new (to me) 599 GTB | FerrariChat

Another new (to me) 599 GTB

Discussion in '612/599' started by dpchamp87, Jul 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dpchamp87

dpchamp87 Rookie

Jul 3, 2014
    #1 dpchamp87, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My first Ferrari. 6k miles with full history and not a mark on her. Was looking for a Grigio Silverstone car but then it just seemed right to go with Rosso Corsa.

What a thrill ride!

David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ddonzella

ddonzella Karting

Jun 2, 2014
    Davie
    Congratulations!1 I just bought my first Ferrari and 599GTB two weeks ago. What a car!!
    Good Luck!

3. HogPilot

HogPilot Karting
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 9, 2014
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Todd Williams
    Nice car. Where did that one come from. Looks like one I looked at in AZ.

4. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Congrats on you great 599!

5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congrats. Gorgeous car. I nearly pulled the trigger on a (near as I can tell) identical 599 a couple years ago but held off until this year. Yours is perfect. There are a few perfect color combos for the car and that's one of 'em. Love it. Enjoy and drive her a lot.

6. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Nice - drive it and enjoy.

7. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    6k miles? Someone forgot that they owned a 599. Congratulations

8. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    You can never go wrong with Rosso Corsa and biege - classic

9. Rafael599

Rafael599 Rookie

Jul 24, 2014
    Central Florida
    That is a gorgeous car!!!! If you do not mind, I am a newbie and just starting to shop for a similar 599GTB, how much did you pay? I have not quite figured out what are fair prices. Thanking you in advance.

10. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Congrats. Drive it in good health.

11. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Yay another Rosso Corsa on Beige car. Congrats and enjoy!

12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations!

13. handdoc

handdoc Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    i spent some miles in an 08 599, awesome car, congrats!

14. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    Wow. One day.

15. dpchamp87

dpchamp87 Rookie

Jul 3, 2014
    I bought the car from Miller Motorcars in Greenwich CT.

Thanks for all the messages; enjoy it I will!

Question. We spend the winters in Florida; should I drive it down or have it transported? Opinions?

16. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Transport it - much easier on the car - I send 3 south every winter

17. Rafael599

Rafael599 Rookie

Jul 24, 2014
    Central Florida
    I have driven to and from the north east from florida many, many times. The thing that stands out to me is that the car you drive makes a big difference in the trip experience. I have driven it in a Lexus suv and Lexus sedan and did not get a speeding ticket or any undue attention from the police. However, in a Porsche twin turbo and also a Mercedes SL AMG many tickets and lots of attention from the police. The most humorous thing being I was getting tired on one trip and decided to check into a hotel to rest just north of Virginia about midnight driving the AMG, the car was a few days old. As I was exiting the car and headed to my hotel room a young woman, 25 years old or so, seemingly a prostitute, approached me telling me what a beautiful car I was driving and wanted to know if I wanted company for the night. I said no thanks and she then decided to disrobe and advertise her wares. I laughed and retreated to the sanctity of my room. From what I figured out the front desk clerk saw the expensive car at check-in and called a business associate.

18. msdes123

msdes123 Rookie

Sep 29, 2013
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark S
    Lovely car, lovely photo. Many congratulations.

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would drive it down, you bought the car to enjoy the ride, right? When I go down this January I'll be driving mine.

The only thing is check the weather so you don't get caught in a snow or ice storm. One year we went through I think South Carolina a day or two after an ice storm. Looking at all the downed trees along I95 we were glad we timed it right!

20. aln

aln Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    first, congrats! Rosso corsa / beige is a great way to go. as far as driving it to Florida I think that depends on whether you are going to make an adventure of it or just take I-95 the whole way. I DD my 599 and it is a car meant to be driven, not to be held as a garage queen (IMHO). with the trunk space it is great for weekend trips. last weekend we did a run from LA to Santa Barbara and this weekend we are doing LA to Laguna Beach. but on the way to Santa Barbara we didn't take the freeway. rather we found some great back roads through the mountains and had a great time.

I guess my point is that while I drive my 599 a lot I'd think twice about using it to drive so many miles just on a freeway. but if you have time to find some scenic roads and small bed and breakfasts along the way, you could be in for quite a memorable trip. :)

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations. I agree with the advice. If you can make more of an adventure/ road trip then I'd drive it, but if you would just take main highways like I95, I suspect it will get old because youll find yourself either in big trouble or restraining yourself from letting those ~615 Cavallino Rampante loose. Also there is a ton of garbage on our roads.

22. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    I bought mine in Central Florida and drove it back to Ohio with a friend. What a blast highway and all! Would do it again.

We laughed at the thought that I put more miles on the car in two days than many owners have in their entire ownership. It's a GT car! It's meant to be driven.

Enjoy it while you can������

23. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mark- Way to go. Three out of my four Ferraris were driven home, 1700 miles in one case.

24. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Congrats on the new ride..She is a beauty!!

25. dpchamp87

dpchamp87 Rookie

Jul 3, 2014
    Thanks for all the input on the drive/ trailer question. No way I would just take 95 as there is just too much crap on the roads as pointed out (I have had both a ladder and a trash can come of vehicles in front on I95). I am doing some research on how I could do the journey avoiding major freeways without turning it into a 10 day trip so any input is welcome there (Darien CT to Sarasota FL).

I will be taking it to the SVRA Vintage Races at Watkins Glen shortly. 17 is a great fun road although with too many radar checks.