599 GTO MSRP | FerrariChat

599 GTO MSRP

Discussion in '612/599' started by herenow, Aug 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. herenow

herenow Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2014
    US of A
    Hey guys, quick question(tried looking online using the search feature as well as google but got no solid conclusion.)

What was the original MSRP of the GTO? For those of you who currently own a GTO/have the original sticker and could/wouldn't mind sharing the original MSRP of your car, that would be super helpful. The prices of the GTO's have been going up it seems and it is very intriguing to me.

I am kinda in the market for a GTO. Was very interested in one before, but was offered an early build slot for the Speciale, so went with that instead. Now that I got the Speciale I still feel the urge for a GTO! Someone convince me I am doing the wrong thing so I don't spend more money :)

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    599 GTO MSRP is really depend on the options on the car…. 599 GTO is no comparable to 458 Speciale… they are just 2 different beasts.

4. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    GTO msrp was $410k. Then add delivery, which did vary, and options. I have seen window stickers on US cars from 440k to 515k.

5. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    MSRP on mine was a little over $492K (excluding the 3M wrap and the replacement carbon shields/wheelcaps). I did an extensive national search (before pulling the trigger) solely for a US vehicle and the cheapest GTO AP was $469K and that was not an attractive color combo to me and it had over 6K miles on her (this is low mileage but the one I bought had about 2350 or so on the clock). Most of the decent GTO color combos are asking approximately $500K and the prime examples are asking in the mid-5's ($549K). IMHO the Speciale will eventually depreciate like the Scud/16M prices. It may take 4+ years but it will happen. You can buy a heavily optioned 458 Speciale Spider for $425K-$450K (assuming a base MSRP of $330K or so). Will the 458 SS still be worth that purchase price in 4-5 years ? Whats a heavily optioned 2009 16M with a $350K MSRP worth today ? Probably $250K or so depending on condition/mileage. The 16M is a truly outstanding car as I'm sure the 458SS will be. The GTO, on the other hand, is already out for 4+ years (even though its a 2011 model) and the prices are still at MSRP and starting to creep upward. The plain truth is that the GTO doesn't appear to have depreciated much under MSRP for a US vehicle (if at all). Personally I say buy the car you want to drive. Period. But if your going to consider the investment side then you need to consider that the GTO really is a totally different level of car. My speculative guess is that because the GTO will eventually be recognized as the incredibly special driver it is (and because its a naturally aspirated V12 with no turbos, no supercharger, no electric motors, no DCT tranny, no ultra modern electronic gizmos like torgue vectoring and rear wheel steering, etc.) the prices will slowly creep up. Should you wait to buy one ? Your guess is as good as anybodies. Don't ask me - I still believe my wife and I will retire off of our FB stock ;)

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree with everything you said except that the 599 GTO doesn't have the gizmos- it has plenty.

7. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Compared to the newer models the factory has pushed out since 2011. The GTO is practically naked. It represents the technological bridge between the two approaches Ferrari has taken with its road cars. The GTO based on its 599XX race program represents the pinnicle of the old school single clutch raw power and noise including aerodynamics with a wicked streak that begs to be tamed. (Which was one of the main reason it received the GTO badge) vs. the more comfortable, stable, platform that almost anyone can drive fast without any real knowledge of the car he is driving. The chief enginneeer of Ferrari has stated for the record in the Ferrari magazine . That all of its newer models are being made easier to drive except the GTO ..... That the GTO is a drivers car....... and while I have to agree that it may have more nannies than a 430 Scud it has relatively few compared to an F12. The use of computers in future models if Ferrari continnues to follow this trend are simply staggering. Drivers cars that require skill to drive fast willl always be in demand and thats why the prices for a GTO have remained stable almost four years afte production ceased.

8. herenow

herenow Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2014
    US of A
    Thanks for the responses, I just wanted to confirm(as some of you have,) that the prices are somewhere around the original MSRP.

I have never bought a pre-owned/loved Ferrari but this might have to be my first. I know that the GTO will be far different from my Speciale and F12 and that is truly the beauty of it. I hope to one day post on here that I was able to acquire a GTO and become part of this illustrious group :) But until that day......

9. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Looking forward to welcoming you soon :) Just buy one and you won't regret it. With what you have in your stable you will have plenty to choose from but you will find yourself looking at the GTO quite often as it is so tempting and rewarding to drive it.

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #10 tazandjan, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. herenow

herenow Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2014
    US of A
    Wow! Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

12. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Simple put, the GTO is a modern day F40. It will test your courage and your know how and is blindingly quick
    It will ALWAYS make you sweat and put a smile on your face and when all the others have come and gone, it will wink at you and taunt you to push a little further.
    It is the real thing. In modern terms, only the F150 takes your emotions further. And that is a real compliment to the GTO.
    Think of it as a road going 599 XX. I do!!!

13. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    Well written…. Bravo… so True…...

14. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    So true... sweaty palms every time!!

15. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Much as I'd love to agree with you, as an owner of an F40 and 599 GTO the two cars couldn't be more different. Both brilliant and wonderful but very very different. The 599 GTO is a big, powerful, mean mother loaded with systems.......and well, mean but big. The F40 is small, lite, is beyond mean, a different level, every second an off the chart experience. I adore my 599 GTO but it aint a modern day equivalent of an F40. Not sure there can be.

16. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Price point aside, I'd take my 599GTO over an F40 every day of the week. IMHO no other engine sounds better than the GTO and the F40 drives like a truck compared to the GTO. Plus the F40 has very dated technology compared to the GTO (that maybe be a positive to some, but a negative to me). That being said, you could buy 2 super nice 599GTO's for the price of an average US model F40. If the F40 wasn't twice as valuable would you really choose it over a 599GTO ? Would you choose an F40 over an F50 ? An F40 over an Enzo ? Personally, I don't get the fascination with the F40 and yes I have been in an F40. Maybe I'm just to "new school" and desire newer technology. I'd take an Enzo over the F40, F50, 599GTO, etc. The Enzo is more my type of car as its has racy lines, a V12 and an F1 style tranny.

17. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK

I agree. You can't compare the 599 GTO with the F40, that was my point. The F40 is iconic. I also respect your view you don't get the fascination with the F40, though happily your view is reassuringly in the minority.

Anyway back to topic, the 599 GTO is an awesome beast, I adore mine and it will appreciate in value, albeit gently.

18. herenow

herenow Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2014
    US of A
    Thanks for the tips everyone!

Now I just need to find the PERFECT one(since this is not a personal build obviously) at a fair price and figure out where I am going to put it! Wish I had unlimited garage space but I simply do not :(