European Certificate of Conformity | FerrariChat

European Certificate of Conformity

Discussion in '612/599' started by fergusonrs, Aug 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fergusonrs

fergusonrs Rookie

Nov 25, 2008
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ross Scott Ferguson
    Does anyone have a scanned copy of the European Certificate of Conformity for a 599. I have imported my car into the UK where I am trying to register it and the Dealership wants to charge 500 GBP for a certificate. All I need is a copy to complete the data on the DVLA form. Any ideas?

2. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If you search online there is a company that can get them for you. Think it was in the Czech Republic.

3. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Each certificate has the chassis number on so suspect you'll need to go to a dealer despite the daft cost

4. fergusonrs

fergusonrs Rookie

Nov 25, 2008
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ross Scott Ferguson
    Thanks Guys

5. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    #6 Makuono, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Gentlemen,
    I'm searching to get the COC (certificate of origin) of my 612. Contacted Ferrari customer service, who politely forwarded me to my dealer, saying dealer can support my quest.

Unfortunately, my dealer is having a hard time to identify exactly what is the COC.
    Can someone scan the COC of his car (hiding the specific info of course) and share it so I go again to my dealer and ask them something similar?
    Thank you so much.

6. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    #7 BJJ, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Hi,

This should serve as a specimen just as well (click to Ferrari)? http://www.eurococ.eu/en/certificate-of-conformity.

You presumably need the COC for selling the car to the EU? It actually is a document needed in the EU only. If so, it should be no real problem for the buyer to obtain it him-/herself.

7. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

Thanks for the help.

In fact we are relocating to Europe and want to take the car with us.

Apparently it's a bureaucratic maze...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    Well, good luck!

You will be facing potential arguments with the customs as well, since you will at least have to pay VAT on the present value of the car. In Germany for instance 19%. If you indicate a value, that is considered unreasonably low, then the customs might instead make an own estimate. A good approach is to look into mobile.de and filter for EU cars, your approximate milage and year. Do this a while and make a printout of the lowest priced car in this monitoring period. This printout can then be used as evidence for a reasonable value basis of calculating VAT and the customs may even accept a 5-10% deduction thereof, since the advert price rarely is the actual sales price.

9. Marsdenloc

Marsdenloc Rookie

Feb 26, 2017

Hi did you ever find an certificate of conformity for a 599. If so please forward me a copy to [email protected] many thanks Simon

10. musiconsult

musiconsult Rookie

Aug 9, 2016
    Lauf , Nürnberg area
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I just send you one for my 599 but blackened out VIN

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I guess this is country-dependent - in France you do not have to pay import duty if you have owned the car for more than 6 months, nor VAT if you bought it including taxes abroad; still need the COC though. (I know that because I am going to come back to France and have considered bringing my current daily car with me)

12. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    Could someone send me such a copy too please?

Tnx

13. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    Anyone Else who can help me out?

14. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    According to my experience, Ferrari doesn't provide the COC - or at least it didn't when I needed it.

Ferrari issues a similar document, called the Technical Statement (unique to the VIN of the vehicle) - this has to be done through the dealer, in conjunction with Maranello.

The car has to be inspected at the dealer, who confirms it is according to Ferrari standards. Consequently, Ferrari issues the Technical statement that will allow the vehicle import. You can contact them here: email: Satdocumentation at ferrari.com

15. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    I went to the belgian MOT and they don't need a coc to register my car but it would come in handy if I had one since there isn't a lot of information on the UK V5. They need to know co2 figures, weight, power etc and it doesn't mention that since originally the car was delivered to Qatar. It doesn't have to be the coc of my car though. If it's the same type (F141ABE) they will accept it. The VIN on the coc can even be blacked out, to them it's just to ease up the research. Otherwise it could take up months to gather all the info and meanwhile I cannot drive it.. very hard since it's beautiful weather this month. So if PLEEAAAAASE someone could help me, I would be eternally grateful.

16. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Can they not use all the above data which is printed in your owners manual ?

17. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    No belgian approval number, euro class, CO2 etc isn't even in the manual

18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Whilst your earlier post did not request the first two, here copied from p15 of the manual is the CO2 emissions (*)

(g/km) City cycle 738 Motorway 321 Average fuel consumption 475 (*) Directive: 1999/100/CE

19. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    Ok didnt see those numbers but i still need more things. The approval number is the most important

20. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    it's a 599 that i've got.

I could do that but I prefer kindly ask fellow Ferraristi first. That would be a last option. It seems so sneaky to me to do that.

in my street there is another guy who owns a 599 but I don't really know him..

21. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    Curious if the V12 has been an issue in co2 emissions? My wife and I have begun searching for a home around Ventimiglia, Italy near the border of France. Plan is to move the last quarter of 2020 but buy next year to began staying short term till final move. We have been trying to see which would be the better choice for Italy, our '05 612 or our '09 California. I think the California may be best for the Riviera, but costs and age I presume play a factor. In Italy it appears to be the same as France that the first car is tax free. Any advice is appreciated.
    Cheers!

22. Motorama

Motorama Karting

Jul 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stijn Van Loffelt
    you also will need the coc then..

23. Fellena

Fellena Rookie

Jul 20, 2019
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Fabio Brusato
    You can't use just any Coc.
    Like you can't just obtain one on Internet for a Ferrari .
    The car has to be taken to Ferrari dealership and be left there for 3 days,
    The cost is around 1000 € , and after a close inspection they will issue you with a fancy folder that they call birth certificate.
    It's all expensive .. it's a Ferrari