612 Battery | FerrariChat

612 Battery

Discussion in '612/599' started by jef, Aug 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jef

jef Rookie

Sep 1, 2004
    Is there a better option for a battery in a 612OTO than the Ferrari battery to provide longer life? Thanks.

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The previous owner to my 612 installed an Interstate battery in Nov. 2010. Last fall the battery seemed weak to me and I had it tested. It was and Interstate replaced it for free under warranty. I don't know if it was the battery or if the previous owner didn't keep it charged. So far I am happy with the Interstate.

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I put an Interstate in mine about a year ago. I doubt if I could have found a FIAMM anywhere around here-- except maybe at the Ferrari dealer, but I doubt even they would try to sell me one.

4. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I went interstate as well on this forum's recommendation. Tested it after a year and still stronger than advertised. If you search interstate in this forum you will probably come up with the exact part number pretty quickly.

5. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    interstate MT7-34R. Is it really 46.7 lbs?

6. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The Rayovac I took out of mine must have been 70+ lbs.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I just looked up the one they installed in my car. It is a different part number from the one dc348 listed. It might be because of different countries.

Mine is MTP-49/H8.

8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I just took the OEM battery down to my local auto parts store and asked for an equivalent. They sell Interstates, and I put the one they recommended in.

9. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    Interstate battery changed their product codes this past year or so... I just replaced mine, same battery with new part number