Anyone looking for a late model 612 OTO? | FerrariChat

Anyone looking for a late model 612 OTO?

Discussion in '612/599' started by F12Berlinetta, Aug 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    My Power Cube warranty is expiring in a week and it has me considering the sale of my '10 612 OTO, blk paint, blk Daytona interior (grey contrast stitch), shields, 6,200 miles. The car is in excellent condition inside and out. Just a thought. PM me if you or someone you know is looking. I'm in San Diego. Cheers guys.

2. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Good job saving her for the next guy! At 1200 miles per year the car has not been tested nor the warranty put to full use. Haha. Just teasing. So!!! I know someone who may be interested. Can you post some pics and a potential asking price to me by PM?

3. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    why don't u renew the warranty ?

4. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    Will do... thanks.

5. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    I considered it and am still considering it. But the car has been mechanically excellent and it makes the thought of dropping thousands of dollars into a warranty renewal an exercise with no right answer.

6. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    #6 F12Berlinetta, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    It's a beauty!

8. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Love the Black (Nero Daytona?) / Black color combination.

Although I ended up with a Grigio Silverstone 612, actually had to pull out of a deal on a Nero Daytona one, due to issues with the inspection.

Just curious - what do you plan on replacing it with?

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what are you looking to get...may know someone

10. alonsomassa79

alonsomassa79 Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    WV
    Full Name:
    vignesh
    nice car, should be an easy sell if you are motivated. Where are you located?

11. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    Gorgeous 612…. Clean and well kept! I"m sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find a new owner….. Wish you lucks.

12. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    Thank you gents for the kind words.

Yes... it's Nero Daytona, and I'm located in North San Diego County. As for replacing it, I'd like to bump up my spot on the F12 list. I've got the F12 handle for posts on this site, but I don't have the car (the old adage, fake it till you make it...), primarily because I don't have much pull with my local Ferrari dealer. And if I'm going to make that sort of investment, I want to order the car to my spec.

I absolutely love the 612, and I bought it thinking I'd drive the family in it more often, especially my two young sons -- but it just doesn't happen enough. That said, I only need one seat, but a minimum of two come in the smallest Ferraris. If I end up holding onto the 612, I'd be just as happy.

13. tdiantonio

tdiantonio Rookie

Jun 22, 2015
    Hi. Did you ever sell your 612 oto?

Thanks

14. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    I've been abysmally busy and absent from FerrariChat and have only recently been catching up. I'm still holding onto my 612, but I did notice some PMs and other inquiries over the last year that I hadn't checked on or followed up. A couple of those fellows went on to purchase a 612.

15. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If Taz's numbers are correct, your car is 1 of 26 2010 OTOs, and one of probably less than 100 total, at least for US cars. Maybe another 100 for the rest of the world, so 200 total?

16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Don- Not my numbers, NHTSA's numbers. You trust the government, no?

17. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I trust you and the government!

By the way, I asked and my OTO was the only one delivered by RTGT. Ever. Just a data point.

18. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    Hey Terry -- I've followed your posts with keen interest because you know what you're talking about. I tried to PM this, but the system tells me no PMs to your account, so I'll put it out there for you in the full light of day.

It looks like I'm going to get into another F-car as soon as this week. My 612 will trade in this case. I like my dealer and won't disclose the trade value we're talking about, but I'd appreciate hearing your opinion about what seems reasonable as a trade value versus fair market value for my '10 612 OTO as described and pictured above (she now has 7,600 miles on her). This all happened suddenly and precluded my ability to actually market my 612 and potentially find someone from FChat seeking a fair deal for an exceptional car.

Who knows ... this transaction may not happen and I'll be back on this thread in the near future. But for now, it'd relieve some stress getting some solid feedback.

19. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    taz is my adviser too and i cant answer for him, but having a 08' 612 since new and will only let it go for a trade to an FF.
    i can never take a cash deal in the used market because i will take a huge hit, dont think i'll ever buy a 4 seater fcar new because of this. i received many quotes, not offers for my ride over the years and it has never been reasonable and i dont even know whats reasonable.
    good luck with ur sell, but the only reason i will keep my 612 forever is because offers are not tempting which is good i suppose. It is still a nice car to travel around even after 7 years.

i also think a black 612 is the most attractive, and should require a bit more than my silver one :)

20. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    Thanks John. I agree with you on pretty much all counts. The value appraisals I got last year when I first posting this thread were all over the place, but I respect the opinion of F-Chatters to express an honest and informed opinion, which is sometimes difficult to absorb with the grace that the enthusiasts here almost always demonstrate. The intrinsic value of the car was, to me, higher than what the informed market might pay, and it was a pleasure to keep and drive the 612 some more.

I've been told by the dealer that they have some customers who are actively looking for 612s, which shouldn't surprise anyone who owns one. Other Ferraris photograph much better, for some inexplicable reason, but the 612 knocks you out almost subliminally as well as overtly when you see and drive one in person. Like you, I'd keep her too, but my constraint is the number of stalls in my garage ... if I get something new, something else has to go.

21. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I really have no idea on the OTOs because they are so scarce you rarely see one on the market.

22. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    go see bradley cooper's new chef movie Burnt, u'll see ur beautiful black 612 in front of a michelin 3 star restaurant doing its thing, looking good. I was so excited when i saw the 612 i squeezed my chicks hand, it had several angles in the film just enough to make sure the audience know what people with good taste drive. haha!

If hollywood did its homework correctly which they did, they are telling u that 612 owners have impeccable tastes, in cars too :)
    there's no aventadors or speciale w/stripes "shout" cars in front, just nice, classy, old money cars, that doesnt have anything to prove like the 612 and astons :)

23. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    another data point -

there is a 2008 OTO with similar miles on sale at Ferrari Scottsdale for just under 200k, another Fchatters car

24. Fcar99

Fcar99 Karting

Apr 6, 2009
    Is the car still for sale ?