F612: window problem | FerrariChat

F612: window problem

Discussion in '612/599' started by Svaerkettt, Aug 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Svaerkettt

Svaerkettt Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Today I opened the passenger door and the window dropped as normal. But after a couple of seconds the window got back up.

Several times I pulled the door handle, while the door was open, and each time the window dropped...but then after a couple of seconds it got back up again (it's not suppose to go back up until I have closed the door).

Has anybody experienced something similar and how does I fix it?

Thanks

Svaerkettt

2. Svaerkettt

Svaerkettt Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    ...anybody?

3. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    I am not exactly sure how the system works...

I do know there is a little microswitch in the inside door handle which apparently triggers the car to know that the door is "just about to be opened" and to drop the window. But since yours drops, and then goes up, that wouldn't be the issue.

I know the door seal (yes, that large seal that goes the full perimeter of the door and window) has some wires within it. This attach behind the B-pillar. These do one of two things. They either indicate to the car that the door is closed, or they are simple a safety mechanism for the "auto-up" function to make sure no fingers or arms are stuck in the window! I haven't tested it yet but was curious.

If this seal isn't used to signal "door closed" and raise the window, then the latch itself must have a switch within it to trigger that it is closed.

I hope this makes sense. I have the wiring schematics so I can try to look it up sometime, but right now I've got my whole 612 apart so I have my hands full!