Seeking US 599GTO Delivery Miles Only | FerrariChat

Seeking US 599GTO Delivery Miles Only

Discussion in '612/599' started by tortesq1, Aug 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    A good friend saw my GTO and wants one. Couldn't believe the differences between the GTB and GTO etc. and became enamored by the beast. He is a collector type, unlike me, and would likely sit the GTO in some very private temperature controlled garage for the next 10+ years (maybe more). Car must be a US model GTO and have delivery mileage only (ie. under 200 miles) and he prefers no racing livery (although all liveries and color combos will be considered). No car with over 199 miles on her will be considered. I told him that with 125 models in US and the car being almost 4 years old the odds of finding a delivery mileage US GTO is remote in the extremis. His thought was you never know unless you ask. A basic web search by us reflects no GTO in the US for sale with under 1200 miles on them which doesn't work for him. He insists that they are out there and people sometimes need to be prodded. True enough and I think there is no more knowledgeable group than FChatters. So if anybody knows of a non-race livery US GTO with super super low delivery mileage please PM me. The purchaser is a no nonsense all cash type if that matters. Thank you.

2. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Finding one in any color with less than 200 miles is like trying to find a white CS.
    Good luck with the search though.

3. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I have absolutely no respect what-so-ever for these prospectors.

They care nothing for these cars (or anything else), except investment potential.

The thought of such a great car rotting away in some pathetic person's "collection" pains me to no end. This kind of non-sense essentially destroys the cars, whilst keeping them out of the hands of those who can truly appreciate their capability.

Tell that person to go invest in baseball cards instead.

4. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I concur that out of the 125 brought into the US the odds of finding one in any livery and in any color combo with less than 200 miles on them is a tough one.

5. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Good luck with the search … but a shame to hear that he wouldn't drive the car because it is a true driver's car. Then again … if that is what would make him happy who are we to argue that? Just a shame ...

6. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Anybody with half a brain is cognizant in this day and age that ownership of a car for investment is no different than owning a rare piece of art, coins, baseball cards, etc. Who are you to tell them what to do with their hard earned money ? Didn't your parents ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say that don't say it ? If you need to respond just say that you know of no such car being available.

7. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    He has plenty of other cars to play with.

8. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I am sure there are quite a few, but they are most likely already in collections owned by those unmotivated to sell.

9. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I concur. Just thought an FChatter might know a collector considering selling.

10. Lfpontes

Lfpontes Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    São Paulo
    Full Name:
    Luiz.
    I believe that the cars that have those "specs" are from day 1 one in someone's collection, and that would not be motivated to sell, since they might be like your friend, a money-no-object kind of guy.

A friend's father purchased two cars in France, one to drive and one to store away. He sent me a pic around Jan/2014 and the car had around 60km in the clock. If I am not mistaken, it was 64km.

I do think your friend eventually will succeed, it just might take some time. Cars like that do exist, unfortunantly for him the owners have the same "profile" as he does.

Good luck in your quest,

11. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I think you are 100% on the money. Makes me think that if I find such a car I should let my friend do his own research and make it my 2nd GTO (one to drive and one to store). In approximately 4 weeks of GTO ownership I have already put over 150 miles on her. It will take alot of discipline for me to keep her to 1000 miles per year or so. Brutal NY winters will help.

12. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Four weeks...150 miles? I'm unimpressed. Drive!!!

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I guess that is what is so hard for many of us to understand. If it is not a collector car like your friend wants, why would you sit there starring at it wishing you could drive it? DRIVE IT!

As has been written here, not driving your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she will be more desirable for her future husband (who will drive her).

14. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    I know of a car with 400 miles... In a very very unique color and livery.

15. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Anyone with half a brain knows that cars are meant to be driven - not hung on a wall or stowed away for strictly monetary gain. Doing so will likely permanently ruin the car.

Put your money into something your passionate about.

And, oh yeah, I know of no such car being available. :)

16. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    I firmly believe that not driving your Ferrari regularly and getting it out only on occasion and horsing around is putting yourself and others at risk. These cars are different....they require some experience to drive them well and safely. When on FCA or FOG drives with people who drive a mere 1000-2000 miles annually....I like to stay away from them. They can be spotted quickly as to the sorts of mistakes one will see them they make on the roads. Learn to drive your cars. And learn to drive them well. One cannot do that without racking up the miles....track or road.....but you must drive. Otherwise, be careful and drive like great grandpa cause I don't want to see pics of your car in the ditch on the net!

17. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I have a short drive to work (15 minutes) and was away several days this month. I'll try to do better. I put over 9600 miles in approx. 23 months on the 458 I traded in to get the GTO. Its not like I don't want to drive her, but I also like a change/diversity. I drove my 13 Wrangler to work today with the soft top down, sun in my face, ray bans on, etc. Jeep is nice too.

18. Lfpontes

Lfpontes Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    São Paulo
    Full Name:
    Luiz.
    That is not the point. Maybe a financial perspective is involved, But there are different pleasures to different people, or the is one ass for every seat.

Perhaps the interested party thinks of a GTO as a piece of art, that would decorate his garage or house, and as such, art can't or shouldn't have a funtion, therefore it should not be driven : )
    Perhaps the same pleasure you and I would get from driving the wheels off a GTO, or any car for that matter, the no-miles-GTO-buyer would get by just looking and admiring the thing, its details, of just simply the fact that he knows he owns one, and can tell people about it (even though he has never driven it LOL)

To me, I don't see GTO's rocketing in value, since is essentially a 599 ( OK I know of all the differences)

I personally don't get the point, if I was in a position to purchase a GTO, would definently drive it during the weekends, events etc.

What I mean is, its the guys money, and apparently he has loads of it, so let him do whatever he wants with the car
    I would drive it, but I believe he gets his thrills from another source.

19. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    If its for sale I can pass on the information. Kindly PM me at your convenience. Thank you.

20. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    This guy is right in "u never know until u ask", but google exists for a reason, and whoever puts for sale a GTO, puts it on the net. I bet that that guy will decide that 400 miles aint that bad :)

21. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    #21 Andrew 912, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Thanks Andrew but this person is only interested in a LHD US model. The example must be 1 of the 125 that came to the US and must have 199 miles or less on her odometer.

23. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    This guy is so specific about miles and hopes for such an exclusive car that whomever has "the car" he is looking for should sell it for $1M or more.

24. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Cool! I own a 2013 Jeep Wrangler as well…Rubicon edition.