599 GTO on Racetrack | FerrariChat

599 GTO on Racetrack

Discussion in '612/599' started by tortesq1, Aug 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    At someones suggestion - a fresh thread. Anybody have any video's to upload showing the GTO on a racetrack ? Love to see how the GTO battles other cars where there are no limits (except common sense).

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Interestingly, there are plenty of videos on the 599xx battling it out. 599 GTO is supposed to be very close to that car, but not sure if GTO owners are willing to be as aggressive as the XX owners are.

Here is one of my favorite videos of 599XX in action:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfoq3nyP1wg&index=56

3. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I am surprised that there are few, if any, track videos of the GTO. In Long Island, NY area we are basically hours from any track (NJ Lightening, CT. Limerock, NY Watkins Glen). I'd love to try Monticello (in upstate NY) in the GTO, but I believe its a private track that isn't rented out anymore to Clubs (ie. FCA, PCA, etc.). Just a shame that a car that seems to have so much 599XX DNA in it from its engine to it tranny, etc. doesn't get a chance to really stretch its legs. I was holding my gearshift decelerating yesterday and was just amazed at how absurdly quickly the car downshifted. Is there any other F car EVER made for the street where you can just hold the left paddle and the car downshifts multiple times to the proper gear ? I don't ever remember my 458 Italia having that feature. I can't think of more "race car" like feature than that.

I also love those 599XX videos (FXX too).

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    A few owners here have tracked their GTO.

M Individual. SPEEDSTER. Chalstrad.

Not sure if they have videos.

5. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
  6. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
  7. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    The only video a passenger took is in the link provided by enzo360. Car was 2 days old and video shot in the afternoon of the Ferrari Owners Days at Spa. I was really taking it easy. Tracked the GTO several times after that and drove it much harder. Pleasure factor is very high.

Speed Racer has been tracking his GTO very much so he may be able to help you with some vids.

Plenty of other owners (including 2 friends of mine) have been tracking their cars frequently around Europe as I'm sure many others have.

Here is a fly buy at Spa of my GTO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LClxT3mAM14

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Do you not have the track cams option, M?

9. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    No I don't Bas. Wasn't available when I ordered the car. Remember … ordered mine very early and my car is one of the first delivered. Will need to install the GoPro one day and get some footage but spending most of my time in the 458 Challenge on the track now.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ah yes. I don't blame you for spending time in the dedicated track car rather than the road/track one ;). Once you've driven an actual race car on track there's no going back. Like going from a 125cc shifter kart to a rental 4 stroke, lol.

11. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Bang on Bas. It's very addictive driving a race car but then again … the GTO creates its fair share of addiction as well ;)

12. TrueBlue02Vert

TrueBlue02Vert Karting

Apr 21, 2010
    Oakville, ON
    I shot this video at last year's FCA Track Day at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport) with a friend's GTO. He also brought his FF, so I made a comparison video. Same driver, same day. There's more to be had from each car, but it gives you a good idea.

I also have some video from this year's event but haven't reviewed it yet to see what the lap times were like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3oF8kDA-4Y

13. Woppum

Woppum Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    I'm desperate for a drive now. Will go and have a look at another one this wk end.