599 radio help please | FerrariChat

599 radio help please

Discussion in '612/599' started by sarum87, Sep 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sarum87

sarum87 Karting

Sep 7, 2011
    i can't for the life of figure out how to scan and reset my presets on the radio. nothing in the manual other than how to connect your i pod. the radio interface is not that intuitive. i can get to my radio presets and scroll through them but how do i scan and reset the presets?

Thanks

2. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    I tried to figure it out as well.

Finally, I went to a local Ferrari dealer & they showed me how to use it.
    Still, even after the explanation, it was a bit confusing.

He did tell me "If you can figure this out, then you can fly a jet plane"

It is overly complicated--so I just keep 3 stations on the scroll list &
    listen to them only.

I suggest you go to a local Ferrari dealer--pay them for some time & you will get some help

Good luck !!

Ken Goldman

3. HORNETDRIVER

HORNETDRIVER Karting

Jul 29, 2013
    TX
    I fly a jet plane and can't figure it out!

4. HogPilot

HogPilot Karting
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 9, 2014
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Todd Williams

Baffle, you just beat me to it. I was going to say the exact same thing. Flew Hornets, and just about every model of jet American Airlines had other than the 777, and I can't figure out the 599's FM radio either. I gave up and just use the IPod!

I hate to admit it but I struggle with the "lap times" counter as well as the "Trip A" and "Trip B" features as well. It's just a hell of a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

5. Toddston

Toddston Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    New York, NY
    Misery loves company goes the old saying and it couldn't apply more here. I got totally fed up after only my first few days with the car which I was loving especially with the additional Bose system in place when I could get a station on it. So what did I do? Took it out and replaced it with an Alpine. Life is too short!

6. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    I managed to get the blue tooth function operating. By myself. Should I apply for astronaut?

That system is so strange and the manual no real assistance ...