2005 612 Instrument Left Display Replace or Repair | FerrariChat

2005 612 Instrument Left Display Replace or Repair

Discussion in '612/599' started by tmacapollo, Oct 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tmacapollo

tmacapollo Rookie

May 5, 2014
    My left instrument display went out. There is a place in CA that repairs the boards but I have to remove the display and ship it. I have been told the car can't be driven with the instrument display out by some people and others say it is ok to drive it home and park it until the instrument display is repaired.

My other option is there is one on ebay from 2008 with the yellow gauges, but no one can answer if the replacement will work on 2005 or if the new cluster retains all the information for the car it was removed from. Is a new instrument cluster and plug and play or does Ferrari have to code / transfer information to the new instrument cluster?

Any advise /clarification on option 1 or option 2 and the associated costs and risks are appreciated.

2. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    How much is the repair and who provides it? What is the warranty?

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Here is the info for FAI. Ask your questions to them and they should be able to answer them. They are the experts on digital panels and have access to everything required to bring one back to life. There is an 8 Mb chip in the instrument panel that performs quite a few functions and they should know if there is commonality between the two clusters.

It usually costs about $500 for them to repair a digital panel. They did my Superamerica panel for me for that amount. Had a hardware problem from the factory.

Franchorchamps of America, Inc.
    935 Sunset Dr Suite A
    Costa Mesa, CA 92627
    (949) 631-6373

Rod Drew
    [email protected]

Will White
    Home

4. tmacapollo

tmacapollo Rookie

May 5, 2014
    Thank you, I will call Rod Drew at FIA to inquire.

5. tmacapollo

tmacapollo Rookie

May 5, 2014
    Rod said they were in the process of making new boards for the 612 display, but I could ship him the display to test.

Terry, do you know if the 612 is drivable once the display is removed? I would prefer not leaving it at the shop for 1-3 weeks in the FL sun.