Downloading iPhone Contacts to 612 Bose System | FerrariChat

Downloading iPhone Contacts to 612 Bose System

Discussion in '612/599' started by 3omar, Oct 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Just bought a 2009 612. Having trouble downloading iPhone contacts to the Bose system. I have over 800 contacts on my phone. It starts to download and then doesn't seem to get done. I left it for over an hour on a few occasions, but then I have to switch the car off and go. Every time I get back to the car and find that there are still zero contacts in the system.

Is it because I interrupted it? How long does it take? Wondering if anyone faced that issue before...

2. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    yeah mine doesn't synch either...

3. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    After a TON of trial and error, I found the problem!

The system doesn't accept more than 19 contacts. Well, 20 really, but my own number has to be one of them for some reason... And it also can't handle contacts with more than one phone number. So I created a new contacts group on my iPhone called "Car". In it, I created 19 new contacts, each with just one phone number. I had to think hard to pick the ones that I really need. Then from the "Bluetooth" menu in "Settings", I opened the "Bose System" profile that was created when I first paired my iPhone with the car. I then deselected all contact groups except "Car". I also deselected "Phone Favorites" and "Phone Recents" as they seem to confuse the system.

Synced the phone with the car... All 19 contacts are there!

I can now set my presets to any of those 19 contacts and I can dial any of them by voice activation. If I need any other contact, guess I'll have to fiddle with the phone to dial it. Also, if I get an incoming call from any contact other than those 19, only the number shows up on the car screen, not their name.

Guess 19 is better than zero...