What to do with custom 612 599 wheels | FerrariChat

What to do with custom 612 599 wheels

Discussion in '612/599' started by m81b, Oct 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m81b

m81b Karting

Oct 20, 2007
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #1 m81b, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a set of custom-made AVUS wheels that were attached to my 612 when I purchased it a couple years ago. Before I took delivery of the car- I had ordered (used on ebay) and installed the OEM ball polished wheels.

I tried selling these once and probably asked too much, or it’s just such a limited market that they didn’t go anywhere.

I’m just not a after market wheel guy and could really use some owner opinions on what I should be happy getting for them when I put them up for sale again. I've never seen anything like these listed before- so I have nothing to compare them with. Tires have low hundreds of miles on them- too low profile to have TPS installed. I’d also like to confirm these fit the 599- it appears all other auctions for 612 wheels include the 599. Is that universally true?

Thanks.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Erik- If the rears are 11" or wider, they will fit the 599. Unfortunately, those may be a hard sell.

3. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Those wheels suit an acquired taste. I suggest putting them up in ebay or even teamspeed where there is a younger audience.

4. Yoonyah

Yoonyah Karting

Sep 19, 2010
    honestly: it could be much worse. They aren't that bad after all. If you are after that style, you might really like them.