Help on 2008 599 current pricing | FerrariChat

Help on 2008 599 current pricing

Discussion in '612/599' started by johnaz, Oct 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Carefree, AZ/Anchorage, Alaska
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    What would be a fair price on a 2008 599, 8,000 mile car? Most options.
    Are there any private ones out there for sale? 2008 or newer but priced under about $175K, lower miles only, say under 10,000 max.
    Any suggestions/help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
  4. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Fellow Fchatter Lew Blevins (in northern Cali) has a truly gorgeous bianco 2011 HGTE for sale for not much more than your $175K price range (in the high 180's). Has a bit more than 10K miles BUT car has been well maintained and is simply a spectacular looking example. I can't think of a better looking 2011 HGTE for sale anywhere in the US that is priced at what you can buy this one at. The MSRP on Lews' HGTE reflects a very well optioned steed. Good luck with your search.

5. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    John,

Ooops meant to say 2010 HGTE.

6. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    I'd have to agree, thats about the best deal on a great looking car that I have seen in awhile.

7. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
  8. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
  9. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    With Lew's car sold, any other suggestions?
    I am not a total fan of the HGTE, prefer the softer ride on std without paying for the added HGTE costs as not mandatory for me.
    Any other low mile 599's for sale through private parties?
    Thanks
    John

10. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Car is available...its the RE transactions that are one down and one to go tomorrow!!

Softer ride is for some...others ,like me, prefer the handling of the HGTE. Check out all of the videos on 599GTB to learn more and also test drive both styles to see what works for you.

11. HORNETDRIVER

HORNETDRIVER Karting

Jul 29, 2013
    TX
    HGTE transforms the 599. Worth the price of admission.

12. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    HGTE is well worth the price of admission. Absolutely.

13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Lew- If I wanted a 599, yours would be first on the list. 2010s were very rare, too, as usual towards the end of a production run. Means she has any updates made by Ferrari during production.

14. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    Terry,
    What would you advise on the HGTE pkg? Does one need it on a 599, car would not be tracked, just a driver on special days, not looking for firm ride. Is the HGTE firmer where one notices it? There is a car in my area, 2010 with HGTE, but red/tan and was trying to not go to that, but is the 'resale' color for sure, 5,000 mile car. Asking $218K. Too much for what I want.
    Just wondered the real scoop on HGTE vs. none.
    And I do not like black interior color, so Lew's car would have been good other than that. Nice in white for sure.
    Thanks,
    John

15. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    HGTE is not only about the ride….it is a little harsher than non HGTE on city streets filled with potholes and repaved segments (like SF) but the ride is perfectly acceptable in any other situation. Its not lincoln town car by any means!. The nice thing about the suspension is not much body roll in sharp cornering. Its more scud-like in that regards. Almost point and shoot but must account for the front mid engine.

I think the thing that I like most about HGTE is the shifting time and the sound.

The two things that most other Ferrari drivers like about my car are its appearance, including the interior, but especially the exterior. AND…the exhaust! On several occasions F-car drivers have told me they lower their windows on drives just to hear the HGTE exhaust…..and they comment on it even when I'm in parking lots! I think the exhaust note is tuned just right…Ferrari loveliness without the madness of after market mods…and definitely more appealing than my prior scud, 458, and certainly the F12.

So, its more than fancy seats and spiffy interior and a stiffer ride.

It's not a GTO…..but its better than a regular 599 in my opinion.

16. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    HGTE for sure.... No brainier imo.

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    John- The HGTE option is the ultimate extension of the Fiorano Handling Package I have on my 575M. I do not think you will notice too much ride degradation because it uses the same shocks as the standard 599 with slightly stiffer springs and a bigger rear anti-roll bar and a different shock ECU with tighter scheduling. What will be noticeable, however, is less dive and pitch under braking and acceleration and a tighter feel and less roll during cornering. Not to mention the 85 ms shifts when in a hurry. The 1/2" wider front wheels also slightly cut down on neutral power understeer and help turn-in on corners, even though they use the same size tires as the normal 599.

I think you will love it if you try one. You saw the prices on 2010 HGTEs and that is why Lew's is such a bargain.

18. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    Can you guys give me an idea of difference in value/price for a 599 with 5,000 miles, 8,000 and 11,000 miles, assuming all options the same?
    What would the HGTE package add in price if it is one that was dealer installed, with wheels, suspension, exhaust, i.e. not the seats.
    Thanks,
    John

19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What about year?

At about 15k miles, you can expect roughly $20k in maintenance on the suspension, tie rods, ball joints and insanely expensive shocks. Though we may have a halfway insanely priced option for the shocks next year to replace the magnaride. If you replace magnaride and use Hill ball joints, possible you won't need to do them again in another 15k miles, but we only have Ferrari tie rods for replacements so far.

My dealer tells me the that Ferrari has just drastically reduced the price of HGTE upgrades, BTW.

20. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    2008 year.

21. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Oh sorry, based on the title I should have assumed that.

22. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Three hour drive up the coast this eve from SF to Mendocino county. This is one awesome car!

23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- Broadway was offering the kits installed for $18K, a real bargain for what you get. Is the new price lower than that?

24. Ice9

Ice9 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ice9
    I've been watching 599s for a while now and am in the market.

In my opinion, the car depreciates at about $1.50 per mile in the ranges you mention.

For HGTE, it was a $30k option and you could not do it ala carte (ie without the seats or the little carbon fiber bar next to the radio). In the resale market it is probably worth about an additional $10k.

Almost every HGTE car I have seen in the US has been a 2010. It is a great performance boost although you pay up for it in 2 ways: first, it cost more as an option (probably one of the few options on a 599 that drives a premium) and second, through the fact that it tends to be on newer cars.

25. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Not sure precisely. You can a la carte now. The handling part is down to $9k or so. There were a number of other piece parts, aesthetics and such. I can ask but my guestimate is it added up to more like $15k now. Let me try to get you better answers.