3-pedal 612 | FerrariChat

3-pedal 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by fc_11, Nov 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fc_11

fc_11 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    NY
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks nice. Unless she has some warts, a good deal and rare with three pedals.

3. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    There is also a MT 612 HGTS version on eBay for nearly 190K.

Kind of strange to see both of these cars available at those dramatically different prices.

4. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    A 3 pedal 612 is my next Ferrari. Lovely.

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    According to the carfax, the black car was in an accident. The seller confirmed paintwork.

6. DomDom

DomDom Rookie

May 3, 2010
    There's no free lunch!!!

7. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    Has paintwork, needs a belt service, will need to have the passenger door (corrosion problem) and a couple of the quarters painted. Has no records and its an 04 car. Could be a really cool driver car after about $20k in work on top of the purchase price.

8. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    The reason for the huge swing between the two cars is simply the fact that the two cars are that different. One has books, records, recent service, great color combo, and no issues. The other has all the issues you don't want and has no records……. The guy with the clean car can ask whatever he wants because its hard to find a truly clean car with records and three pedals!!

9. DomDom

DomDom Rookie

May 3, 2010
    If it sounds too good to be true.... I'm coming to the realization the best 612 purchase would come from an authorized dealer!!

10. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

+1

11. fc_11

fc_11 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    NY
    as expected. thx guys.

12. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Well it is a safer bet at least. The dealer said my car never had paintwork. However later we discovered that the rear bumper was actually resprayed and not nicely so. Anyhow we got it redone the right way later... At my expense of course...

13. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    According to ebay the car sold. Not surprising that it sold given the reasonable price even if the car has some flaws.

14. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I always wondered who buys a 100K Ferrari or exotic that has a trouble past. It cant be for collectibility. I mean that car has no history to bad history so future appreciation is shot.
    It cant be someone who has money. They would not care paying fair value for the best car and would ot bother buy a car with needs.

It seems to me that it can only be someone short a buck who want a Ferrari badly but wont be able to afford the maintenance thus perpetuating and coumpounding the bad history.
    Does this reasoning makes sense or do I miss something?

15. carioca66

carioca66 Rookie

Jul 7, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    IMO, the car sold because it is a manual transmission car. If it were a F1, I believe it would still be sitting there for sale.

16. shmluisfc

shmluisfc Karting

May 31, 2012
    Bingo. :)

17. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Agreed.

18. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Probably those that actually drive them instead of just looking at them in the garage. Why pay 50k more for a car that you're going to 'ruin' by putting a bunch of miles on anyway?

19. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I bought a Ferrari (much less than $100k) with serious needs. It seemed so cheap at the time that it made sense-- and I was completely wrong. Lesson learned.

20. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Of course, in that circumstance what you want is a nice high mileage car, rather than a car with serious needs.

21. flumpy

flumpy Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2009
    The 3 pedal cars are the last manual V12 ferrari ever! They made very few of them, not sure of the exact numbers but they really are rare. They are also drive great and are uber cool. A future classic for sure.

22. shmluisfc

shmluisfc Karting

May 31, 2012
    And value will go through the roof IMHO. Even 360 and 430. Just my opinion. F1 is straight up boring and problematic as all hell.

23. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    There are plenty of 360s with MT (thankfully), so no real premium with those models. Regardless, I would definitely go with the MT over F1 on 360 and 355 models.

Same with the F430, but MT is rare on these cars. So expect a premium.

I have the F1A on my 612. Provided your not running it in AUTO (sic) mode, it performs fine and actually sounds pretty cool. The only real drawback is the reverse lever, which is prone to braking and costing about 5K to repair.