GTO for sale at FoNE | FerrariChat

GTO for sale at FoNE

Discussion in '612/599' started by ttn27, Nov 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    A friend of mine is interesting in purchasing this RS GTO with 3 prior owners. The list price is low for this dealership considering that FoNE usually list their price more than other dealerships. Wondering if anybody knows any info on this GTO? Thanks.

Used 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO For Sale | Norwood MA

2. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    If u are really convinced that GTOs will only increase in price ( :) ), then what's the big deal ? Get it, in 10 years it will be worth more !

3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ack finally updated my ignore list.

4. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    I am asking this for a friend since he wants to trade in his 458 spider for this GTO. I would definitely get this GTO since I love the color combo of Rossa Scuderia with alcantara/3d fabric interior. However, I got a RC GTO already and definitely would never let it go. 😊

5. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Don't know any history about the car, but the mileage in the listing and in the picture of the cluster do not match. 6292 vs 2871.

Hope it checks out fine in person...it's such a great car (as you already know).

6. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    I think it's priced fairly well, 3 owners won't be uncommon on these cars as folks get in line and get out for whatever reason.

I think it's the only one for sale in the country right now...

7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Beautiful color combo.

8. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    If you like the color combo get their best price and pull the trigger. There are probably 10-15 US spec. 458 spiders for sale for every GTO (maybe more). My guess is in the next 12-18 months with many new 2nd generation owners falling in love with their GTO there will be many less cars for sale (if any at all for significant periods of time). My GTO had 3 prior owners who rarely drove the car. Maybe they had big collections or the car was just to raw and crazy for them. Not everybody wants or can handle a wild bucking bronco. That being said, once the "new" generation has adopted their GTO's you just won't see the product trading anymore. The entertainment I had on Saturday driving my baby was better than any ride at Disneyland. It was certainly more thrilling than the 458 Italia I drove every day for 2 years (more challenging too). Sure she has as attitude problem but damn if it isn't fun to try and tame her. If you want easy stay with the 458. If you want thrills and a real drivers challenge get that GTO. When the owners literature said the GTO was meant for THE most enthusiastic drivers I didn't get it until recently. Its just that special a car and it is that special in any color combo. My 2 cents.

9. Seaninhongkong

Seaninhongkong Karting

Sep 8, 2014
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Sean
    .... The entertainment I had on Saturday driving my baby was better than any ride at Disneyland. It was certainly Its just that special a car and it is that special in any color combo. My 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Tortesq1 or anyone, - hi just wondering what is the main difference between the 599 and 599 GTO. The GTO commands such a premium price over the "normal" 599. Is it rarety or performance or both? Thank you.

10. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Sean,

The GTO shares its DNA with the 599XX and not with the standard or HGTE version of the 599. I had a 599 HGTE and at the same time took delivery of my 599 GTO over 4 years ago and these are 2 COMPLETELY different cars. While the standard and HGTE version of the 599 are stunning cars, the GTO is in a league on its own compared to the standard versions. That and the fact that it is a limited edition wearing the GTO badge from the factory make this a very special car to own and drive. It is a true driver's car and one has to drive it to fully understand and come to grips with it. Ferrari pushed all the right buttons with the GTO. This car is all about emotion and excitement. It isn't easy to drive (that is: around town it is surprisingly easy but when you start pushing there needs to be full commitment from the driver). This car keeps you awake and makes you feel 200% alive. This pretty much sums it up for me ;)

11. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Tortesq1 or anyone, - hi just wondering what is the main difference between the 599 and 599 GTO. The GTO commands such a premium price over the "normal" 599. Is it rarety or performance or both? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Sean,

Thats a very long response. While I'd tell you to just look at the archives for your best response, I'd also say that there is a huge amount of misinformation about the 599GTO. Most of it has been put out there by non-owners whom have never read, nor seen, a GTO owners manual. The worst part about Fchat (or any public forum for that matter) is that the ignorant get just as much say as the well educated. Unfortunately many get fed up with putting up with the ignoramuses and just walk away. I'm not there yet.

So IMHO the short of it is that the GTO is much more like a detuned 599XX than a souped up GTB. In point of fact, the GTO is specifically based on the 599XX. While the GTO looks like a GTB (as they have pretty much the same body except for some splitters/diffusers), 90% of the GTO "DNA" is derived from the 599XX. One of these days I'm going to just put out ALL of the owners information provided by Maranello on the GTO. Everything from the engine, tranny, exhaust, etc. are all 599XX based. There are literally dozens upon dozens of 599XX "things" in the GTO that just go unnoticed by the masses. Things like the downshifting function under hard use which when held in will drop down multiple gears in milliseconds like the 599XX. I ask you what F car has that function ? The GTO is different and special because of things like this.

Ferrari designed the GTO to be the ultimate drivers car. This would be a beast for the drivers driver. Only the most courageous could or would be able to tame her. Some day, when the larger F car World, comes to grips with this, the GTO will become the legend it should be. Until then its best to keep educating.

12. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    +1

13. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    +1 ….
    M-Individual and Stephen H… you guys described well on the GTO. As a GTO owner I can understand exactly what you describe.

14. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I want my GTO.

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I love the excitement for the GTO you have. It is an amazing car there is no doubt. Some day the right one will come my way... :)

16. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    I'm sure you do and hope you are enjoying yours as much as I do mine ;)

17. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Thanks for all the input. My friend just finalized the deal on the GTO at FoNE. I told him that this is one deal that he won't regret for trading in his 458 spider. Being an owner of a GTO myself for almost a year now, I can not agree more than what was said above. This is one fantastic car and a definite keeper.

18. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Congrats to your friend! Since I've purchased my GTO's I've driven my F12 VERY infrequently. I would day 8/10 times I gravitate to the GTO's in lieu of the F12. This is not to say that the F12 isn't an amazing car in its own right, BUT the experience of driving the GTO is unmatched by any car I've previously, or currently own.

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow, congrats to your friend. Is he in the greater Boston area? I want to see it at a c&c or at Tutto Italiano.

20. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Congrats to your buddy. Make sure he joins Fchat and posts some pics after he consummates the transaction. Looks like only 2 US spec GTO's left: Southlake Motors for $599K and F of Newport Beach $525K. Someone should start a 599 GTO registry as I think alot of the 2nd generation owners will keep their GTO's for many years as opposed to just flipping them like some of the 1st generation owners. Probably very tough to do all 599, but the 125 US spec GTO's should be much easier to compile than the 474 for the ROW. Maybe there is already a GTO Registry that I just don't know about. Thoughts ? New thread for a 599 GTO registry ?

21. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    toressq1 i really like your idea and agree with your opinion that we as second owners have purchased our gto's as keepers.

please start the thread and i'll add my gto's to get it kickstarted.

happy thanksgiving!

22. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    Thanks everyone I'll surely post pics once I take delivery of the gto. Cannot wait!

23. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    There's a mini gto registry on challenge-stradale.com

24. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Happy Thanksgiving !