2007 Ferrari 599VX on EBAY | FerrariChat

2007 Ferrari 599VX on EBAY

Discussion in '612/599' started by liuyu79, Nov 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. liuyu79

liuyu79 Rookie

Oct 17, 2014
    Looking for some advise from fellow ferrari owners. I am new to the site, but always been a car guy.. Previously owned M3, M5, 997 and 997s. Now making the jump to ferrari....

Is this a good deal? Love the white color combo, I understand the miles are a bit high, but emailed the seller, car has been well maintained by Ferrari of New Port beach, just had 50K service, clutch is 60%, just fixed the radiator (common problem), shocks are in good condition.

My question is high miles are a concern for reliability? How much do I expect to lose after couple years of ownership? I am not looking to keep this car as a collector, just want the experience of owning a F car. Probably keep it for nice, sunny weekend driving in the bay, definitely less than 10K miles for 2~3 years I am planning to keep, before getting myself to a new F car.

Ferrari Other Fiorano Coupe 2 Door | eBay

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Beautiful 599 GTB. Stunning colors on both interior & exterior.

I'm no expert on the 599 (I have 612), but the rear exhaust looks different from stock. I could be wrong; hopefully the 599 experts here will chime in soon.

As long as the car has been properly serviced and shows no signs of abuse, mileage should not be a big deal on a modern Ferrari.

Just remember that your considering a driver's car, which is just fine by me.

Make sure you find an independent, Ferrari-certified mechanic who can do a thorough PPI on it - and make sure the seller agrees to allow you to back-out if the PPI uncovers something that the seller cannot resolve.

PPIs are crucial on higher mileage vehicles.

Good luck.

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Cars that have been seriously modified are hard to sell, well they are in the UK.
    That kit and the wheels are extreme, but I am sure someone will like it, and it will surely get you noticed.

4. HogPilot

HogPilot Karting
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 9, 2014
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Todd Williams
    Can't say the modifications on that car do much for me.

5. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Was there not a thread about this particular car and the build process?

6. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
  7. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
  8. liuyu79

liuyu79 Rookie

Oct 17, 2014
    #8 liuyu79, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    I did little more research on the car.. I believe the body kit is Vorsteiner, modification is done by Couture Custom in scottsdale Arizona. I called the shop to acquire about this particular car, the sale guy told me this is the very first 599 they modified for SEMA show in las vegas. There is even a website of Vorsteiner 599-VX Tuning Program for this tuner.

I totally agree modified cars are hard to sell, not one taste fits all, but this car is done to my liking. My use case is weekend cruiser, not looking to any track time. I am hoping when/if I am done with the car, I will be able to find a home for it.

I am talking to the seller about PPI, he mentioned the car was just serviced at Ferrari dealership, transmission is good, no leaks, and clutch has 60% life left. From what I can read about 07 599, there seems to be a common problem in following: radiator leaking, shocks leaking, weak ball joints, sticky buttons? Any others?

Also regarding another comment for white color, if this is red, I would say bodykit is too loud, hopefully white color is subtle enough to show it's a classy mod.

Just curious, what do people think about white ferrari? All my cars have been black or white, just can't see myself driving a red, or yellow cars, don't want wife to say I am hitting the mid life crisis. :)

9. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I like the kit on this car. I also agree with you that the white colour tones down the car with all the mods, and keeps it classy-looking. Sometimes there truly are too many red versions of an Fcar on the market, just ask any experienced Fcar salesman. You should only buy what you really like, if you know yourself you don't have to care what other people may think.

Since the car is located in a Winter "snow-bound" area I would inquire if it has been Winter-driven and check for signs of that in the PPI. The higher mileage isn't unreasonable if the car has been truly enjoyed. Ask the PPI mechanic to run a compression test on the cylinders if you are concerned.

10. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Buy it before I sell my 550 to get it. Hell of a price and seems like everything is checking out. Everything about the car is tasteful, I agree with you!

11. Seaninhongkong

Seaninhongkong Karting

Sep 8, 2014
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I have a 2007 599 and mine does NOT have that 60th year badge on the inside. I thought that badge was on the 08. Anyway if you like those styling modifications on the car go for it. But as others have said it may reduce the value wheyou sell it. As for the color I like the white black. Just not a real fan of the wheels myself. Enjoy and welcome to F cars. I just joined myself a month ago.

12. ddonzella

ddonzella Karting

Jun 2, 2014
    Davie
    I've seen a car from Couture Customs. They do an extraordinary job in creating a exotic example of a 599. I know they do shop auto auctions for some of these 599's they do. In fact I believe he bought one or two examples from the Palm Beach Highline auction here this past year. The cars usually have some higher mileage than what you would see for sale in a Ferrari dealership. They often change the color of the vehicles. He takes the car completely apart to paint them. No color bleed threw. If you want a very unique 599, Couture does them very well. One concern would be what the condition and service history is on the car if it comes out of a wholesale auction?? As one other poster mentioned, many may love the cars uniqueness but if you want to re-sell it you will have a very limited audience!

13. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    This is very insightful & useful info - thanks for sharing! I love the look they do, but man to own a 599 for $80 is a helluva bargain. Since chains are used in these cars - maintenance is not a big concern anymore..

School me if that last statement is inaccurate!

14. liuyu79

liuyu79 Rookie

Oct 17, 2014
    Good to know someone else have seen works from Couture.

@MASR04, are we talking about the same car? 80K, I will buy it tomorrow.. Seller is willing to come down on the price, but not that much....

15. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I have an 07 612 and it does have the 60th anniversary badge.

16. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I never saw an asking price - just Mkt value on car said $80..

What are they asking?

17. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The bumper gaps are terrible on that car

18. liuyu79

liuyu79 Rookie

Oct 17, 2014
    asking for $139, where do you see the Mkt value, KBB doesn't even give me value due to low volume sale.. waiting for PPI to complete. If it's clean, what should be fair price for this car? I can use modded cars as a leverage, and high miles.. But I have no clue how much this car is worth if it's stock. I see a low mileage <20k is going for $140+. Personally aftermarket doesn't bother me, but I will use it as leverage, going by the high miles, I am thinking if I can get in <$130 will be good? PPI should be done by next week, I don't want to waste my time or dealer's time if it's not a good deal. PLEASE HELP!

19. liuyu79

liuyu79 Rookie

Oct 17, 2014
    PLUS I do like white color cars a lot.

20. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Just as an aside, the 50th anniversary of Chinetti and 60th anniversary of Ferrari emblems were only on Ferraris built in CY 2004 and CY 2007.

21. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Originally, all 4x I viewed the Ad - it was on Vast.com and there was no price - However, there was a market value of $82 and some change. Then when you clicked on the specific Ad itself; the market value changed to 'Instant Mkt Value' and that # was $80 and some change. Obviously, I see this has changed.

With everything that has been discussed - Major point being on difficulty to resell and higher mileage - I wouldn't pay a dime over $115 on that car and that's stretching it. Being polite, cause I can tell you really like the vehicle and that matters most.

But, if in fact you do plan on selling one day and not keeping her forever; I urge you to take my advice as it will take a specific buyer when that day comes - not to mention how many additional miles you place on her..

If you're looking at $139 or in that range - you can get a stock vehicle with half the mileage. Maybe, even a 2008 model year.

22. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean