OBD PORT | FerrariChat

OBD PORT

Discussion in '612/599' started by Ferrari Monkey, Dec 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari Monkey

Ferrari Monkey Karting

Sep 29, 2014
    So, I can't find the OBD port on my '06 612. It isn't below the steering column like on any other of my cars - go figure. I looked under where the driver's feet go and all around. Inverted myself and looked up and nada. I am probably blind and/or stupid. Any advice on directions would be appreciated. I drove the car all over creation and did a bunch of cold starts. Now I want to hook up my OBD reader to see if the stupid sensors are ready to pass the inspection test.

Thanks as always.

2. Ferrari Monkey

Ferrari Monkey Karting

Sep 29, 2014
    OK, so I can't delete my previous post, and I am an idiot. On the left bottom of the steering column, there is a panel that you can remove that has the OBD connector with the fuse box. It is hidden and the OBD is embossed in the leather making it hard to see. Thought the OBD connector had to open and not concealed. Anyways, it looks like all of the sensors are complete and ready :) We will see Tuesday.

BTW, bought the BAFX Products OBDII bluetooth reader on Amazon ($24), and used Torque on my phone. Seems very powerful with a lot of options. I am obviously not a mechanic (as can be seen from my posts), but it does a lot in case anyone is interested.

kahrl likes this.
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    :D

When I first took my car for its state inspection the guy was looking right in the spot where it is and couldn't see it. Yes, it's embossed on the leather and really hard to see unless you know exactly what you're looking for.

4. Radu

Radu Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi Paul,

Is it possible to keep the reader connected and replace the leather covered panel, as in, put it back? I am trying to diagnose an intermittent engine control failure error that pops up when downshifting at high speed, and it would be great if I could record OBD2 readings while driving.