Park sensor failure | FerrariChat

Park sensor failure

Discussion in '612/599' started by nickw310771, Dec 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nickw310771

nickw310771 Rookie

Dec 1, 2014
    Picked up 599 last week and park sensor failure - coomon fault? Killed car with battery switch but no luck on re boot

Anyone had similar problem ?

Thanks

2. jvecchi

jvecchi Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    Sarver, PA
    Full Name:
    John M. Vecchi
    Yep. Mine haven't worked right since I purchased the car. The alarm blares as soon as reversed is engaged, and continues until you hit the console button. I had the car to a dealer and was told one of the front sensors was bad, but to diagnose it the front bumper had to come off at a cost of $1500, and there would be more expense to repair it once it was diagnosed. I decided I could live with the noise.

3. nickw310771

nickw310771 Rookie

Dec 1, 2014
    Many thanks. Mine under warranty but seems to be dodgy as working then failing.

Whilst here Ctek charger on normal mode or AGM?

Thanks help

4. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Make sure you didn't inadvertently disable it before you go spending money. Read your manual.

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    This happened to me too- had to get a new sensor. FYI you should be using normal mode on the CTek for the 599.

6. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    If it uses the same ones as on the 612, then they are susceptible to water getting into them. This causes the sensor to malfunction and set off the constant tone when reversing.

My FF had a issue with one of the front sensors and it was a full bumper off to diagnose and replace. Luckily that was under warranty.

Usual quick checks apply such as wax or polish on the sensor.

7. nickw310771

nickw310771 Rookie

Dec 1, 2014
    Thanks for all this -

CTEK set to normal - much appreciated

Sensors are intermittent but its either working or dashboard message Park Sensor Failure and then no noise or 'illustration' of car and the nodes and a warning sign on computer

Sending back for diagnostic but imagine its a faulty sensor or as you mention something crept into one of the actual sensors.

Thanks again everyone

8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Or over spray, if the paint has been touched up!