2007 599 suspension | FerrariChat

2007 599 suspension

Discussion in '612/599' started by 91f40, Dec 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 91f40

91f40 Karting

Sep 25, 2005
    I bought an 07 599 with the challenge wheels. What seems to be the preferred size of spacers front and rear if the car is to be lowered a bit? Im also considering the h&r sway bars as i feel the car sways a bit more than id like. If i have to buy springs to lower the car i definately dont want harder springs as not to upset the ride while with the stiffer sway bars helping it corner flat. Any suggestion or information on this combination would be appreciated

2. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    #2 Zarathustra, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    Ferrari has already done what you're looking for with the 599 HGTE package.
    Research the springs & sway bars that are used in this HGTE option.
    They have a tendency to know what they're doing, unlike the amateur aftermarket.
    Another benefit is that adding the Ferrari HGTE package to your car will increase its value, as opposed to adding aftermarket stuff which will decreases its value.

3. 91f40

91f40 Karting

Sep 25, 2005
    For the hgte package to work properly you must install the HGTE wheels that are wider in front which I dont like, on top of that the package is IMO priced excessively. Thats why Im asking if anyone has installed the H&R sway bars hoping the car might corner flat without serious side effects. P.S Changing the sway bars on your car wont devalue it. Spending $20,000 on a factory suspension upgrade will increase the resale value of your car $3000

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You don't need the HGTE wheels, Ferrari allows you to just do the suspension upgrade, which implies they approve of this w/o the wheels.

I would suggest 20mm wheel spacers from Novitec Rosso all around.

I would also be concerned about stiffening up the sway bars without addressing other aspects of the suspension- everything is interrelated.

5. 91f40

91f40 Karting

Sep 25, 2005
    NOVITEC spacers are same front and rear 20mm? Would you know whats the diameter of the front sway bar on the standard gtb?