Dear Santa, all i want for Xmas is a 599GTO...... | FerrariChat

Dear Santa, all i want for Xmas is a 599GTO......

Discussion in '612/599' started by johns930, Dec 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    been dwelling on this subject for a while now (like since the GTO came out 3 years ago), and im sure most members here are tired of me nagging for one. Im sure i can only stop if i actually got one or something better comes up, but i cant for the life of me think up a more desireable car than the GTO right now.

for the amount a GTO cost now which is something like $500K, i dont think i can imagine another car that i want more, can u??

dreams realized already :

dreams come together..... - Rennlist Discussion Forums

am i too greedy to want a GTO??

2. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    A 599 GTO is the car that you keep in the stable for your lifetime. I don't think there is a better car. The LaFerrari would be interesting but the GTO is a keeper.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If up to $500k is the ''budget'', the only car I think of that I'd rather want is a Carrera GT.

For more...the list is rather short (Zonda/F40/F50/Enzo/LaF).

4. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    Couldn't and can't afford a LaF,but I wouldn't mind owning one :)
    But I really drive my cars to its limits, atleast my limits, hope the gto won't disappoint.
    My 599 was super fast in a straight line but a disappointment when a corner comes. Needed HGTE or KW coilovers.

I'm trying to get people to talk me out of a gto, not in :)

5. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    You won't be disappointed … believe me. Get a GTO and drive it to its limits … it is a true driver's car. Just be careful as she can be a handful and very unforgiving ;) but she will make you feel sooooo alive.

6. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    +1

GTO all the way. If you want an easy driver forget the GTO. If you like a challenge the GTO is the way to go. I can't think of another car that sounds or drives like a GTO in the $500K price range or even at $1M for that matter. She will very different than your GTB ! So stop denying your self and just pull the darn trigger !

7. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    ++1

I think if you can get your hand on one, than grab it now because the price of GTO's IMO will definitely be higher than $500k this time next year. :)

8. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO

As a recent purchaser of a GTO I loved it so much I HAD to get another one as well! :)

The GTO meets and exceeds everyone's expectations and I've not yet one post where somebody was disappointed with their GTO.

If you can find one that meets your $$$ objectives...GET IT and you'll have NO regrets!

Happy Holidays!

9. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    Buy it, enjoy it, but respect it. You won't regret it.

10. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I was at FOW a few weeks ago and they were making some mods to a nice Black GTO that they said was just purchased buy a person that already had another was that yours by chance? nice car..

11. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Was that the car with the interior removed? Was like seeing a supermodel in the OR opened from the navel to the neck. I'm sure it all went back together fine, but it was quite a sight.

We should wear Fchat name tags at the FoW events. They seem to want to reconnect more with us. I like it. Will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum going. I'm going to try to make it Saturday, but iffy.

12. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    He already has a Carrera GT :)

13. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Negative that wasn't my GTO's. I have A Bianco Italia and RC with black interior.

14. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The FoW get together is 9AM Saturday and I think I can make it. Hey Romo, any interest in bringing out the Aperta? Would love to see her.