599GTO for sale | FerrariChat

599GTO for sale

Discussion in '612/599' started by Nelsonc275, Feb 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
  2. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Rosso Fuoco is a stunning color and works really well on the GTO. I'm not such a big fan of the interior. The beige alcantara doesn't do it for me. Other than that, very nice GTO.

3. wrgray68

wrgray68 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 5, 2014
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Walker Gray
    I dont know if you could ever call a GTO "reserved", but if you could, this would be it. Gorgeous car.

4. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Dan Herd's GTO? Love the Fuoco color but I agree that the interior is a little too subdued for a car like this.

5. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Looks like the big brother of my car. I'll be the first to say...I love it as-is, interior and all.

6. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Very nice GTO. I have never seen a GTO in the Rosso Fuoco exterior color. Having a rare (bespoke) exterior color is always a bonus.

7. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Saw her yesterday on cars.com. If there were some way I could swing it, this would be the one.

8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thats incredible.

9. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    #9 GHG, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Heart aching. This is the car of my dreams. Why did it have to show up now. I have a real shot at one down the road, just not ready yet, damn it.

11. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Wow, an F50 and 599 (any variation) in the same picture! Can't describe the level of my adoration for the pair. Sudden nirvana.

12. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Agree and 458 too :)

13. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    bob, most dealerships are getting very aggressive with long term payment programs.

i'm buying a 2010 599 HGTE which should be delivered next week and they were pushing me HARD on a 10 or 12 year at 3% interest and lower....just a thought to cogitate over. :)

14. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    the fuoco is an interesting color which i like quite a bit and down selected between it and rosso maranello before yielding to the later.

it does have a hint of copper/bronze in it and is an expensive (approx $25K) option. the color takes on different personalities depending on the lighting and at some point i expect ill have this color in my garage....just not sure on what car yet.

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    VIN looks like she is a Euro import unless they are different from the rest of the Ferraris.

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Beautiful!!!!

17. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK

Why would the dealer airbrush out the serial number on the engine cover? My GTO has it, this one has been masked. Why?

18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Terry, isn't the 8th digit for the market?

ZFF70RCA4B0175380

19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've spoken with them, and I'm certainly interested pending a major development in business. It's a risk, even with this contract award, which is expected THIS WEEK, been ongoing for two years. The risk is that, while we KNOW it will be protested, we won't know for weeks of the protest will take a couple weeks or several months. Best case scenario, the obligatory protests are found to have little merit and they allow transition during the process. That happens, and I may feel comfortable enough to move forward. But I have a few questions for you GTO owners.

I will drive my car. I only have three garage spaces, might be able to build a forth later, but for now, it's three. The garage bay will be a typical homeowner garage, not a shrine. I've never had a problem with patina on other ferrari's, but it's more possible in my garage than some of yours. Given that I will rack up miles, and could need the occasional PDR...

What can I expect in the way of maintenance? I undersand we're talking about 599XX chassis. What't the word long term on parts availability? Is this a car that SHOULD at some point be enshrined simply because of pending unobtainium? Will parts remain available but become insanely expensive? Compared to the GTB, do they share the same tie rods, ball joints, shocks? If not, better or worse? Given my scenario, anyone care to give a prediction on depreciation as I reach 15k, 20k?

My mind tells me that I'm better off sticking with a GTB and enjoying the hell out of it, parking it wherever I like, tracking it as I like, and not go for the ultimate. My heart tells me otherwise. I can do nothing unless this deal comes through. If it does, I'll likely have to act quickly. I need to do the soul searching now.

20. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Good luck, Piper! The GTO is almost holy ground for me too but will most likely stay that way for me. But I think I can be almost happy with a GTB. jk. I would be over the moon really.

21. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    From parts point of view you can rest easy, the big difference are the break discs and pads, these are different to the regular 599. Basis suspension is much the same though I would expect there to be some differences on the front due to those wide tyres.

I can promise you this, if you can swing it, the GTO driving experience is really night and day to the GTB/HGTE.

There is no reason you can really enjoy a GTO! ;)

As for depreciation, tough to say but I would expect much less than a GTB/HGTE.

22. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Crazy stuff, isn't it?

Like Romo said, 10-12 yr is out there. With GTB's slumping to the $130k's now, you could have a payment under a grand today, couple more bills set aside each month for maintenance. GTO on the other hand, quadruple it. Makes my palms sweat. That's one stiff payment, even extended to exotic financing.

23. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    It's interesting to hear different opinions on this from owners. Some say the experience is night and day, and some say they were a little surprised at how subtle the differences were. I've heard the GTO described as the most visceral GT experience on the road, and I've also heard it described as a GTB with a bit more noise, both comments coming from owners. Strange.

24. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK

I purchased new a GTB in 2007. I purchased new a GTO in 2011. Both cars are exceptional, in very different ways.

I found the GTB the ultimate GT. Its ability to waft along, soft, quiet, eating up countless miles, yet ready to give you an instant blast of pure V12 612 bhp power, is remarkable. It's Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. It's a magnificent combination of elegance and force, changing mood to fit yours.

The GTO is simply Mr Hyde on steriods. No combination, no wafting along. It's not designed to offer you choice. The moment you fire her up as she barks, snarls into life, you know you have a very serious special machine that's been designed for one purpose. To make you sit there after a brilliant awesome stimulating hard drive and to say that if the world finished tomorrow, you give a damn.

25. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    This couldn't have been said any better. The GTO is an animal.