GTO and the latest acquisition, what do you complement a GTO with | FerrariChat

GTO and the latest acquisition, what do you complement a GTO with

Discussion in '612/599' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Mar 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    The other topic of the GTO and Speciale made me reflect on this last week or so.

As per the 458 section went with good friend of mine to fetch the latest addition to his stable, I pretty much specced this one from the start, objective being to go as light as possible without resorting to silly expensive carbon fibre options and to pay homage to the 60's F1 cars, hence the gold wheels.

Added bonus was meeting Raffaele di Simone at the dealer and having him basically hand the car over as well as offering driving tips. Had a good chat with him about the GTO too.

Looks quite good near its GTO cousin. Some re arranging is going to be needed and haven't quiet worked out where is the best position for each car, the plexi Daytona is expected back in May, will have to decide what looks best.

Ideal combination this and the GTO. The GTO is such an all encompassing car, the experience is so vivid that anything complementing it has to be quite different and special in its own way.

2. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
  3. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    #3 Ferrari 360 CS, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    What a wonderful garage! Love the 550.

5. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Speciale looks terrific although I will always be partial to the GTO. What was Raffaelle's opinion about the GTO ?

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Basically a car that's designed for people who know how to drive, its a much more aggressive set up than they usually use but its also a very safe set up, he went to great lengths to explain that when they develop a car that its handling must be safe in the sense there no sudden surprises.

He did admit in a round about way that its a challenging car to drive quickly but also rewarding when you learn the car.

To be honest it was awesome to spend time chatting to him, fantastic insights and a great guy. Irony is I write a fair few articles for our local Ferrari Club magazine and the dealer phoned me to tell me there was someone from Italy reads the articles and wanted to meet me, turns out it was him.

7. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Sounds like he confirmed what we know already - that the 599 GTO is a very special car that rewards its driver like few others. I'm also not shocked that he didn't tell you that Maranello is homologating an imaginary F12 XX (speculative assertions to the contrary).

8. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    We did have a chat about upcoming product....;)

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations on a fantastic collection. I love the gold wheels agains the red car. Very nice. Love the garage setup too. Don't sell any of these- especially that Barchetta!

10. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    and that upcoming product is ..... 😜

11. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    ;) in my opinion it wont be called GTO....

12. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Fantastic ! ! !

13. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    No shocker to any of us. An F12 scud or Speciale makes sense but not an F12 GTO as there is no F12XX.

14. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I have a 599 GTO and a 458 Speciale (plus a few others). First, I find it amazing how Ferrari makes very different cars yet they couldn't be anything else than a Ferrari. Second, while the 458S is a sensational drive, it feels like a toy compared to the 599 GTO. i love 'em all.

15. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    That's very true!

16. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    Please don't brain wash me any further.
    I know I need to be speciale.

17. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Beautiful collection!!

18. Ferrari 360 CS

Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I think a Speciale would look great in your collection, do you still have the matt red 458 spider?

19. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Great collection and very nice specced Speciale. Having the 599 GTO and Speciale in one stable is a great choice. If I wouldn't have my Challenge I would have added a Speciale as well but for me driving to the track in the GTO and spending time on the track in the Challenge is a combination that works very well for me.

I did add a 991 GT3 recently and I'm thrilled by it. Spent time at the track last Tuesday and it is an amazing car. Great value for money.

Back on topic: When I was at the factory for the private viewing of the GTO 5 years ago Raffaele told me the exact same thing about the GTO and he proved to be 100% correct. When seeing him again a couple of times after that he always asked me how I like my GTO and he always kept saying how he still likes it for the exact reasons he discussed with you.

It really is a special car and I think Ferrari has achieved what they wanted with it judging by the success the car has.

Thanks for sharing these pics and impressions with us Jacques.

Cheers,

M